style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please can someone give me some advice.

I received 2 penalty notices for driving i a bus lane in reading 1 yr ago. I was pregnant and suffering from anxiety and depression and didnt pay them these were passed on to collect services who called at my address in january. ,My cgarges were £90 each and the bill they presented to me for the first visit was £419 they blocked my car in and i paid £212 i felt at the time that the charges they had added on were too much so sent them a letter informing them of my vulnerabe situation. last stages of pregnancy, im on income support and under the care of mental heath team and asking them to refer my case back to the council.

i recieved a statment with 0 balance to pay and thought yeah ive won. 3 months later after ive thrown away this statement i get another visit from a baliff adding on another £134 i of course rang them and disputed saying id been sent a letter to say i owed 0.

they keep visiting and have sent me a letter to say they are going to take me to court. they have also spit these charges and attached them to my pcn numbers. i dont think this is legal or correct.

they say my current balance is £348.23.

i need help to template some letters to get these fraudsters to refund me the excessive charges and complain to reading council about the way they ave treated me and keep harrassing me.

thank you

Patrick it is such a shame that you had not paid these tickets at the £30 rate as the stress of all the continued notices and now bailiff action cannot have helped your depression at all.

Firstly, this seems once again to be another local authority who appear to be allowing their bailiff providers to charge and "attending to remove" at the initial visit and this is the most dreadful abuse of the statutory fees scale and there can be no other reason other that you ensure a huge financial gain for the benefit of the bailiff.

You say that you car was blocked in. How old is the car and is it on finance?

How much roughly is the car worth?

Given your vulnerability and the excess fees the letter of complaint must in any event be sent to Reading Council and merely copied to the bailiffs.

Patrick it is such a shame that you had not paid these tickets at the £30 rate as the stress of all the continued notices and now bailiff action cannot have helped your depression at all.

Firstly, this seems once again to be another local authority who appear to be allowing their bailiff providers to charge and "attending to remove" at the initial visit and this is the most dreadful abuse of the statutory fees scale and there can be no other reason other that you ensure a huge financial gain for the benefit of the bailiff.

You say that you car was blocked in. How old is the car and is it on finance?

How much roughly is the car worth?

Given your vulnerability and the excess fees the letter of complaint must in any event be sent to Reading Council and merely copied to the bailiffs.

Yes unfortunately my bi polar I was manic stage at this point and wasnt very responsible.

My car is an audi a3sportback 2.0 tdi and is on finance and have 1.5yrs left to pay. I use this car for my disabled son and they said I wasnt able to collect my kids from school unless I paid.

Thank you I will send a letter of complaint to reading council. Do u have an idea of how to word this or a template you can direct me to. Thank you

Please can you send a formal complaint into the council that issued these PCN's, they are wholly responsible for their bailiffs actions.

Explain what you have stated here and the fact that you are classed as vulnerable. If you have any proof of your vulnerability please send this in with your complaint.

It maybe quicker to email them then follow up with a written letter.

If we can assist further please let us know.

I thought the following was correct that the bailiff cannot do the following

Levying on tools of your trade including a vehicle used in the course of your business

Levying on goods on HP or are hired, therefore making the levy invalid? finally making the seizure/sale wrong?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.