HTC One x Repair three mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Just looking for a bit of advice.

Let me just start off by saying that in May 2012 I got a HTC One X from 3 mobile on a 24 month contract.

Just in the last month I started having issues with the screen,

there were noticeable black flickers going across the bottom and side of my screen.

I went into the three store to ask if I can send it off for repair as the warranty on HTC's is 24 months.

They explained that for samsung and htc they no longer send it off for repair anymore,

I have to contact the manufacturer directly to which they gave me a telephone number.

Got home and called the number,

arranged for UPS to pick the phone up (20/08/2013).

In the time I was waiting on the phone being picked up by UPS,

the left hand side of the screen went totally black.

Just to note also the phone physically is in excellent condition,

there are no scratches on the screen from using screen protector and there are no chips or cracks.

I believe the LCD is leaking which has caused this.

Now almost 2 weeks later I track my ticket number on HTC's website and it says "hold for quotation".

Giving me three options,

first of which is to pay £152 for the cost of the repair ,

second option pay £26 for the diagnosis and send me the phone back in its current condition.

Or let HTC dispose of my phone.

Naturally I phoned them up to find out why they are expecting £152 for a repair that should be covered under warranty.

The girl on the phone said that the engineers have put my phone on hold because they believe the phone is void of warranty,

but also explained that they can't physically remove the screen from the phone until I agree to the repair cost.

How on earth do they come to the conclusion that my phone is void of warranty if they haven't even opened the phone up to look?!

As I've said, the phone physically is in excellent condition, has been very well looked after.

I am waiting on someone from HTC calling me back just to confirm that the repair centre have concluded that my phone is void of warranty,

but surely they are being WELL out of line here?

HTC One X's are very well known to have screen issues such as this,

my phone was from one of the first batches but the girl on the phone can't tell me anymore until the engineers finish their so called "diagnosis".

My question is, where do I go from here? Provided the situation is that HTC are still adamant that my phone is not covered by warranty despite there being no physical damage? Can I pursue my service provider for this under the Sales of Goods act?

Any advice and input is very much appreciated!

spud

nothing at all to do with any warranty.

its a SOGA issue with the RETAILER.

sadly you got fobbed off!!

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So email Three mobile explaining that under the SOGA they have an obligation to ensure that the phone is in satisfactory condition, I mean the phone is in excellent condition...the only time I have found that a phone would not be repaired for free is if the screen was cracked but that isn't the case.

correct, ask them where they think they stand on your rights under soga

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...