Halifax MYLOANS chargeback issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I've recently had a charge to my bank account from a MYLOANS (with a long number attached) for £69.99. Upon further investigation I find out through the internet that it's a 'broker fee', I did not and would not ever accept charges like that to my bank account.

So I phoned Halifax today regarding the issue and they say they can't do chargeback on Broker Fees which to me sounds ridiculous because I didn't request a service or receive one and I was still charged so this is fraudulent!

My question really is where do I go from here? I've seen comments on similar forums saying I should be demanding chargeback and not requesting it, seen as how my debit card is a VISA there's no problem there I assume.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Have you at any time sought a loan on line, accepted for on or been declined?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have done previously but not through this company.

You need to send a written letter in denying you agreed to any charge being taken by this company etc etc.

Thats pretty poor from Halifax's side... I think there is a way around this

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I may try to escalate this further tomorrow through phone see if that gets me anywhere but I'll definitely be writing out a letter to both Halifax and this My Loans company.

It even says their website is down or not recognised, I really couldn't think why... Shower of s*** bags!

But as far as I know this wasn't a loan application rather a service application? A service I never received rather.

Still I'm going to try my bank tomorrow and send these letters out, it's beyond belief how they get away with this.

Also a credit file check my show up possible bogus applications in your name, well worth doing.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You may have to make a formal complaint. Halifax are notorious for not following the rules.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

MYLOANS are well known here

What has happened is you went to a website that was acting as a broker (you either didn't read the fine print or they have ripped you off)

- http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2011/15-11

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2012/15-12

you need to report them to the OFT

and DEMAND a chargeback from HALIFAX

do it now via their phoneline

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...