landline restrictions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

can anyone explain to me how a company places restrictions on a landline. I ask because the day my bill was due o2 put my landline on incoming calls only. This wad the 20th august. I paid my bill on the 22nd august and still the restrictions have not been lifted.

i have called them 3 times and each time get told different things. First it would take 24 hours then it went to 48 hours then it went to four days and the last occasion i was told it e four working days.

when i asked why they said an engineer would have to go to the exchange and lift the restriction.

i don't believe this to be true mt line is on and i can make free calls just not charegable ones so why does an engineer need to be called out surely its done remotely via computer? Can anyone explain how it works thanks as at this rate i wont be able to use my phone till Thurs this week nine days after it was restricted.

Arh my speciality ^__^

Anyhow , normally its done automatically by the system placing an unbar request/order on the line.

An engineer shouldn't need to go and remove the restriction

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

thanks for your reply. I have two other questions hopefully you can answer.

why does it take so long for the system to lift the restrictions as it has been five daysvand still the restrictions are in place and can it be manually over ridden?

Complain.... only way within the telecoms industry that you get anywhere is to send a complaint and ask for a DEADLOCK letter to escalate your problem... even then sometimes it needs further action. Read THIS

I would ask for compensation for the loss of service as well as loss of time wasted by them. I would also make it clear that they need to give you more than 2 days to pay your phone bill!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar