Countrywide Assured take on the FOS....REALLY!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thought I would share with you my current battle with the lovely Countrywide Assured!

Well I will cut a long story short....................

Back in 2000 I needed a mortgage offer urgently as going to auction for the house i was renting.

I had never had a mortgage before, and the advisor told me that there was a new and exciting product on the market called a half endowment/half repayment.

I trusted the salesman and signed all paperwork.

18 months down the line I realised my critical error and swaped over to all repayment and cancelled all of my dealings with Countrywide Assured.

I did try to get my money back at the time, but was advised that as i had paid less than 2 years i had no chance (paid 18 months).

Now then, years down the line and seeing various tv programmes i decided to complain.

After a bit of to and froing they did uphold my complaint about the mis selling of the endowment part and i snatched their cheque for that.:-)

However they did not uphold my complaint about the mis selling of the lifetime protection plan that ran alongside.

Financial Service Ombudsman says he upholds my complaint as the product over ran my mortgage term by 6 years!!!!!!.........

But Countrywide must have a novice in the office.....Listen to the response......

"I feel that a critical illness benefit amount above the mortgage amount would have been suitable for the client at the point of sale.

Beyond the repayment of her mortgage, had she been diagnosed with a serious illness, she may have had to give up work, have her house adapted or required a carer's assistance and would need funds to assist her.!!!!!!!

REALLY...................................

Well this has now been refered up to the main Ombusman....Lets see now???

Your comments plese :wink: