Is ESA WRAG with no money worth it?

dyfed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so the dreaded ESA50 has landed on my front door mat again. I got this feeling that this time I will be taken out of the support group and sentenced to WRAG where because my partner is working my money will stop.

Is WRAG, JCP and WP worth the hastle?

I dont expect to live past 65, serious heart condition, so a pension means nothing to me.

I also expect to lose motorbility when PIP comes around so even less money.

Oh what joy!:violin:

Even with ESA CB WRAG you'll still get it for 365 days and can also appeal to be changed back to the Support Group, so it's probably fiancialy still worth it I'd think. But appreciate you may find it too stressful and everyones' cirucmstances are different. With Work focussed interviews loads of people have 1 interview and end up parked or on telephone interviews thereafter. If the advisor thinks there's little chance of getting you a job, they quickly dump you, unless you meet a jobsworth lol.

People with heart condiotns are living longer these days due to all the different drugs and treatments used these days. It's the ones who don't know they've got a problem till they keel over who often fare the worst.

so the dreaded ESA50 has landed on my front door mat again. I got this feeling that this time I will be taken out of the support group and sentenced to WRAG where because my partner is working my money will stop.

Is WRAG, JCP and WP worth the hastle?

I dont expect to live past 65, serious heart condition, so a pension means nothing to me.

I also expect to lose motorbility when PIP comes around so even less money.

Oh what joy!:violin:

My goodness you shouldn't feel that way, you must be positive and claim what you are entitle to though I am not sure about living with a partner! If you are entitle to receive esa even living with a partner then please do your best, I know it easier said than done but look after yourself and your needs and don't let dwp or Ingeus get away with it!

I am stepping my foot down with Ingeus, I've told them their 15 minutes interview are not enough to suggest someone can work when I know and see first hand how difficult it is for my friend to cope with life from one day to the next, the woman went quiet, I will play them at their own game, I am studying body language and communicating skills they will not intimidate or scared Cathy into a job, she just cannot cope with her mental illness, especially she has quite poor memory which is worrying her no end!

Thanks for your replys guys.

Of course I should have a years contribution based ESA, I hope. Yes I will also appeal.

If I lose the appeal I will, after a year lose my money so I have a choice. Move out from my family home so I can claim income based ESA or stay at home, lose my money and not bother with all this WP/JCP crud.

My illness is degenerative, this is why a pension means little to me. Although atosh and DWP may wave their magic wand and cure me lol

It seems though, to me anyway, that doing the degrading torture just to get my NI just aint worth it.

:dyfed:

How about wait n see? :-) But should Jobcentreplus decide you don't have limited capability for work related activity, there's more at stake than national insurance credits. For so long as you're in receipt of credits cos of limited capability for work there's the possibility of further payments of employment n support should your condition worsen to the extent that you've limited capability for work related activity again. Once there's a break, a further contributions based award can only be accessed through further paid contributions, even if the claimant's in hospital for bypass surgery.

Only you can decide whether keeping entitlement to credits and possible future payments is worth the hassle. However, it may inform a decision to know that;

Credits only claimants can't be mandated to the work programme. (Neither can anyone with a 100% contributions based award or a recommendation of more than twelve months before reassessment.)

Work related activity can be as little as one interview every six months, possibly via phone.

Regards, Margaret.