What Questions Will ATOS ask?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was due to attend ATOS a few months ago, but couldn't. For the past few months my ESA has been reduced & DWP refuse to include disability premium until I'm assessed by ATOS. I have finally got my GP to do a letter to state I don't go out. As ATOS had refused to do a home assessment & GP had refused to provide proof need home assessment. I sent the GPs letter to DWP, but have not heard back from them.

If I ever do get a home assessment I'm worried that the ATOS assessment will only revolve around the depression/anxiety/phobias I have been diagnosed with & are in my medical history. As I've seen youtube testimonials from others who've been to ATOS assessment, many claim that there were only a few questions & they were solely based on 1 area. On the criteria points scoring system there are full list of all areas & I just assumed people would be asked all mental/physical health questions on it- so they could be fully assessed. If I'm only asked question in relation to depression/anxiety I would feel the test was incomplete & that I'd be wrongly scored. Because my problems are varied & include almost all areas.

Many of my problems are not recorded on my medical history. My medical history was on GP letter sent to DWP. But for example I had a few episodes of black outs as a child but never reported them. They returned when I was 28 & I did report them to my GP, they're now daily but I won't go to hospital- as hate hospitals. This problem is nowhere on my medical history even though it could cause severe danger to self/others & sometimes causes incontinence. I was diagnosed with frequent migraines at 12 years old, but this is listed in my medical history as headache! I was also diagnosed with asperger syndrome last year, but this was not anywhere in my medical history either.

Can anyone provide me with any advice please? I was planning on asking them to record assessment too, but I don't have an advocate anymore. But this is a mute point at the moment because last time I contacted DWP they said it was my responsibility to contact ATOS for another assessment. But I have not done this as I feel this would be like contracting them to do it & I don't want it to appear that I do so of my own free will- they seem like a bunch of liars from what others say! But this does leave me in a blackmailed position of having less money to live on. Though somehow I feel it could be worse, as ATOS seem to be rigging questions- maybe my ESA would have been stopped altogether if I had gone!

So they won't ask anything other than to do with depression? I did put all my problems on the ESA50- well as far as I could given the questions were not specific enough to remember to list all. But my GP is putting depression/anxiety as only problem on my statement of fitness for work. So I'm worried that ATOS will only ask about this.

My main problems may contribute to depression/ anxiety but this is not what affects me worse. My main problems affect me in every aspect of life & are life long/not going to change. I feel the GP is listing depression/anxiety as this is something that can improve & gives a false impression that I could get better/ be fit to work. I hate having to keep getting fitness for work statement each month- I have very bad memory & it's very hard to keep up with.

I heard they sometimes ask that too. I know what you mean, when I watched TV many years ago I couldn't either. I don't have TV now but do use iplayer/youtube occasionally, so I would say I don't watch TV & don't have TV licence.

I heard they sometimes even ask if you have a pet. And deduce that if you can care for a pet then you have memory to feed it, can walk it etc. I have always loved animals & for years wanted to get a dog to help me with my disabilities, but am wondering if this would be used against me.