Tenancy agreement broken?? return of depost.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, i'm in need of some advice.

I am a current student in Cardiff and Just moved house at the start of July.

My previous tenancy agreement ended on 31st June.

In my tenancy agreement is says; "2.5.1 The Member (letting agent) will tell the tenant within 10 working days of the end of the tenancy if they propose to make any deductions from the deposit"

On the tenth working day after the end, i received my closing inspection which stated;

"If there were any issues found on this inspection that could be deemed tenant responsibility, we will firstly

review evidence such as previous inspections / inventories and correspondence throughout the tenancy that

might concern the item/issue. This will allow us to ascertain if there is any tenant liability and if so, to ensure

that a fair and accurate charge to your deposit is proposed. We will contact you if this is the case and there

are any charges to apply to your deposit."

So they have not proposed if they are making any deduction or not within their stated time scale.

Where do I stand or what can I do?

I did question the letting agent about this but they said any contact including the closing inspection counts as a proposal?!

Sorry for the long first time post but I really need help.

Thanks,

Craig

Well on the closing inspection they have noted things down under "tenant damage" but have to then investigate these things by looking at previous inspections, invertories, reported problems during the year and such before they can tell us if they are making deductions or not. So they have not proposed any deductions yet in over a month.

So would them saying they need to investigate it be enough for them to hold it for however long?

Hey Raydetinu, Same happened with me. The landlord did not come with any deduction proposal at all for almost a month. He came back with a deductions to be made to DPS after 40 days since end of tenancy. Does this give me any advantage when the ADR is considering the case? Or do I need to tell this specifically.