Fuel poverty issues -GRANTS & DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE

judi3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am unsure as if the mods will accept my posting but i feel the information will help many users/familes or neighbours On this site .

The government has plegded to end fuel poverty in our life time and grants and initiatives are available .

Energy efficiency central heating and other measures are available :

Warm Front Grant - England

The Warm Front Grant was originally introduced in 2000 and was amended in June 2005 to include Central Heating for all clients and oil central heating for those not on the gas distribution network. Eaga Group Government Contracts Division manages the scheme throughout England.

The Warm Front Grant provides a package of energy efficiency and heating measures up to the value of £2,700 (except where oil central heating is installed or repaired where a maximum grant of £4,000 is available).

If the property has previously received any measures under Warm Front, the value of the grant available to the existing householder under Warm Front will be the balance of £2,700 or £4,000 if oil central heating is involved, less the value of all works previously completed in the property under Warm Front since June 2000.

If you own your home, or rent it from a private landlord, you may be able to claim a grant of up to £2,700 under the Warm Front Scheme. Read our Warm Front Eligibility page to find out if you are eligible.

To apply for a Warm Front grant, click here.

If you have a query about the Warm Front scheme, please contact enquiry@eaga.co.uk

Warm Front £300 Heating Rebate Scheme

On Monday 5 December 2005, the Chancellor made a pre-budget announcement regarding the Government’s intention to offer a £300 rebate off the cost of installing a new central heating system for people aged 60 or over who own or privately rent their home.

The £300 rebate, which forms part of the Warm Front Scheme, can only be used by householders who either have no heating system or one which is inoperable.

The £300 rebate will be made available from 11 August 2006 to all householders aged 60 or over who are not in receipt of a qualifying Warm Front benefit.

Application Process

Stage 1

All customers will apply via the Eaga Contact Centre on 0800 316 2808.

Customers who are not eligible for Warm Front will be given the opportunity to register for the Warm Front £300 Heating Rebate Scheme.

A Benefit Entitlement Check will be offered and if the Warm Front qualifying benefits are identified, the householder will follow the normal Warm Front route. If no benefits are identified, or the customer refuses the Check, they will be passed to the Warm Front £300 Heating Rebate Scheme.

When the warm front scheme first started my parents who are both disabled & my father registered blind applied for central heating. Because at the time they weren't on the pension tax credits they were only granted a heater for the hall. They had a gas fire in the living room but no other heating in the house. last year they were complaining of being cold all the time but daren't use the heater in the hall as it was unsafe for my father, it was on the bottom bend of the stairs with a cage over it which stuck out too far so we had to take the cage off making it unsafe then to use.

I phoned warm front & they sent a lovely girl out who agreed they needed more heating & also agreed that the heater on the stairs was indeed unsafe for either of my parents not just my father. She said as they were now on pension credits they could have the work done but there maybe a small charge as they had the heater put in & that would be taken in to account. My parents were happy with this & signed up.

We waited weeks to hear anything then recieved a letter asking that my parents phone as they needed more information, both my parents are deaf & dumb so I phoned, I was told they wouldn't not be getting the heating put in because they felt having the heater at the bottom of the stairs was all they needed.

I argued that the girl agreed it was unsafe & that she also said they needed central heating as the house was not warm enough. They said her report said differently & I could not appeal.

This caused great upset & distress to my parents & my daughter ended up paying out to British gas to have the heating put in for them which i have to say have done a great job.

Thank you for your comments and indeed if this happened under the revised grant system ,I would urge you to complain to your local M.P.

This funding is supposed to go to the aid of the fuel poverty and i bet it cost alot more for BG INSTALLATION .

I Would like to reccommend if any others are not entitled to the grant to enquire with their local council or Energy efficient advice centres as there are other discounts available in the industry such as discounted boiler schemes and in my area they have

Do you live in Preston?

Are you an owner occupier?

You don't qualify for a grant?

You can't get help from your mortgage lender / bank / building society?

Preston MoneyLine may be able to help!

We have a loan designed to help in these circumstances. Loans are available from £100 to £12,000 with typical interest rates from 3% to 5.5%.

As a not for profit organisation our rates are low enough for you to afford.

There are no hideen fees or charges and no early repayment penalty. This service is here to provide a fair loan at a fair price.

Whatever the problem - Preston MoneyLine can assist in bringing your property up to the decent homes standard.(energy efficient heating is the top priority )

Housing loans are available to homes within Preston so this truly is a service for your community.

about-head2.gif

bullet.gif

A community development finance institution

bullet.gif

An Industrial and Provident Society regulated by the FSA (By purchasing a share for £1 any member of the community can become a member)

bullet.gif

A registered charity

bullet.gif

Holder of a Consumer Credit Act License

bullet.gif

Non profit making

Other communitys around the country are encouraged to set up similar schemes

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thats disgusting, if the grant can't help people like your parents who need it and have severe health issues then who the hell can it be helping!

I'm really sorry that that happened, its unacceptable.

Hi

Your a mine of useful info! I'm having problems with warmfront as to why im being asked to contribute £407 towards the replacement of a boiler that costs £805 and the grant i was elidgable for was £2700 but they are saying that it will cost £3420.47, they're refusing to breakdown the cost for me and we seem to be at an impasse. Any advice please?

Thanks for responding so quickly. No Judi, nothing but the boiler replacement and the flushing of existing radiators and replaceing of the room thermostat. they're quoting £3420.47 for the above work.:confused:

Unfortunatly this is not uncommon its not only the cost of the boiler but its the cost of the installation to strict regulations and no two propertys are the same ,

i have read that in a government review where this issue has been noted and unfortunatly there is only a certain amount of money "in the pot " to be spread around .

I have known in some circumstances that help could be available via your local authority or agencies such as age concern that they could finance the remaining balance .

I would advice you to contact them AND your local M.P as this issue needs to be investigated and perhaps Mr Brown will increase the funding .

i will post if i can get any further info

Hi Jaz1

I have too applied for a warm front grant and like you I have to pay £432 towards the full new bolier and central heating system, I rang the contarctors yesterday to tell them I simply could not afford it at the moment.

The lady who i spoke to was very helpful and said don't worry it will just go on hold until we get the money from yourself or your local council, she advised me to ring my local council and ask if they would fund it.

I rang the council yesterday who where also very helpful, they rang me back first thing this morning to say yes they would pay the amount for me.

They did not ask about any benefits or income at all, they just said yes no problem.

My friend had her new boiler installed before christmas and is really pleased with it, she did not have to pay anything towards it as it was just a straight forward boiler replacement.

with mine its a new boiler, moving the boiler site and 4 new radiators and thermostat.

Give your local council a ring they are much more helpful than i thought they would be.