Barclays ruined my holidays

andriuska
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

my story starts that I've opened barclays account few years ago, but didn't used until 3 weeks ago when I've decided to use barclays account for my holidays. so I went to my branch, asked to resend me my pin which I forgot long time ago, apparently at that moment they didn't have my new address, so changed my address as well, plus put 700 pounds to my account for holidays.

Holidays started ok, went to France for a week, so had to pay just for camping, it went through. After went to Lithuania where all problems started. Tried to pay with my barclays card and my card was rejected, so called them from abroad, of course call price was high and had a useless chat with them for 1.5h, they just told me my account is closed, why? - didn't answered. so I've explained them that they leaving me on the street without shelter and food, but they said sorry, that they cannot do anything and I have to come to branch when ill be in UK and then I can collect all my money.

so question would be: is it possible to claim, get money back for phone calls (should be around 100 pounds) and as well moral or other damage they made for my holidays?

thank you in advance!!

Edited by citizenB

To me, it sounds like they put a block on the account, as it hadnt been used for years, then suddenly 700 went into it and it was used abroad. The only way really to unlock the account is to provide proof of who you are. I had the same issue in 2011 when i went to the USA for a month, and used a savings acount with a debit card, that i hadnt used for almost a year.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Andriuska and welcome to CAG

Have you returned from the trip yet. If so, have you visited the branch and asked for an explanation.

Have you been given any information about why your card was blocked.

Did you inform the bank that you were going abroad and mention the countries involved.

In case you want to take action against the bank, you should keep all communications in writing from now on.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)