BCW & old Barclay gold charge card debt

gribzig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a new one on me...

Being chased by BCW on Barclays gold charge card debt

- this is a card that was linked to my account and did not have to be paid off each month so also acted as a credit card.

Barclays have passed the debt on to BCW who started by making me offers to pay it all at a reduced rate.

I duly CCAd them and they have just sent me back my postal order stating that they are

'not the creditor so do not hold agreements or invoices at this office.

You will need to contact our clients directly if you wish this information.'

Uh??

This debt is not statue barred btw but will be in a year.

who to?

bcw don't by debts.

have you looked to see whos listed as the owner on your cra file?

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good point dx and thank you for pointing that one out - just re-checked the letter from Barclays and what it actually says is that the responsibility for collecting my debt has been transferred to BCW. It also says they will no longer accept further communication from me. Does that mean I need to CCA Barclays?

Had Premier account - relationship breakdown meant I no longer had my old income and am nowa single parent on benefits. Barclays demoted me to a lesser account and this card belongs to the old Premier account. A lot of the debt (just over £4k) is made up of interest and charges.

My mistake in assuming it had been sold - if I CCA Barclays do you think this will jeapordise my present account with them? I can't afford to pay the debt but can't afford to lose the a/c either.

Has this been bought by a company call Gothia ?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm confused - who are Gothia and what have they bought? BCW?

BCW Group (Gothia) Limited

Services: Consumer Debt Collection, Business to Business Debt Collection, Court Action, Status Enquiries / Company Searches, Repossessions, Card Recovery, International Collections, Bailiff & Process Serving, Call Centre Support, Debt Purchase, Consultancy, Advice, Training, Outsourcing, Liquidation Book Debt Recovery, Tracing, Utility Debt Collection, Other

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Grib,

I would send the CCA request to BCW. They should then fwd it to Barclays but they should also cease any collection activity as they'll know you've asked for the credit agreement.

Do you have all your old statements for the a/c, so you can see how much was added to the a/c in penalty charges.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick - I've already sent the CCA request to BCW but they returned my postal order so they do know I've asked for the agreement. They have not, however, stated that they will pass my request on to Barclays and given the return of the PO I doubt they will. Should I write to them again?

Gothia/BCW are taking the course of refusing CCA request claiming they are not the creditor and therefore are not responsible.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ahhh - so what is the best tactic to counteract BCW/Gothia's strategy?

Ignore them, as to SARs or CCA requests and send the direct to the original creditor mentioning BCW/Gothia refusal to deal with the request.

This way it does mean you will get a CCA and/or other data that BCW/Gothia has not seen.

Gothia seem to be a fairly heavyweight player, just looking at their website, the quote below from their website an interesting observation whatever it means!!

Companies and private individuals are becoming increasingly indebted all across Europe and as a result of inadequate resources to fight these developments the time frame for collecting outstanding debt is unacceptable in several countries. Gothia will continue to promote the use of available execution and debt sanitation measures in a timely fashion when appropriate.

One to keep an eye on I suspect

no they've been around for years.

they as the others that are out to spoof people

use the internet to good effect just to frighten punters.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Gothia have become very aggressive in their approach. using BCW to pursue debts very rigorously, a serious player now.