Web3 Retail/locksandsafe.co.uk

Jess68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an item from this company on the 4th July, the item was out of stock, an alternative higher price was offered which we refused as it was unsuitable and requested a refund. From what we can see they are continuing to sell the item via the website even though they have told us that it is out of stock until september.

They told us on the 9th July that the refund was being processed so we waited, i contacted them again on the 17th July and was told they had chased the acounts department up and i would receive an email shortly telling me it was processed (funnily enough they had already told me they had processed it). I waited until today when i sent them another email in which i stated if i didnt hear from them by close of business i would raise a complaint with paypal and look where to make a further complaint.

I spoke to consumer advice earlier and they told me to send a letter recorded delivery giving them time to pay it back but we are on benefits and dont relish the thought of another 2+ weeks waiting for this money back so wondered if anyone had advice about the quickest route to take.

Also are they breaking any law by continually selling items they obviously dont have in stock

Feels like a lost little girl x

Start a 'chargeback' immediately through Paypal - reason item not received.

If they have not shipped the item using a trackable method (recorded delivery or special delivery) you will get your money back. You only have a limited amount of time to do this (30 days I think).

Thanks aburobert, funnily enough as soon as i threatened them with a complaint through paypal and a call to trading standards the money was refunded immediately. I'm trying to find the policy on selling items that you dont have though, not sure its entirely legal :S

Feels like a lost little girl x