Two defaults showing on credit file for the same debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if in the wrong place.

I checked my credit file today as for some reason i had an email from Equifax even though I cancelled my account with them last month.

I noticed a new default showing as added in May with a default date of January 2012 from MacKenzie Hall, the date of birth is slightly wrong. Just underneath is a default from Studio with the same date of birth, the amount differs by £1 and the default date was December 2007.

This was never paid as I was not 100% certain it was my debt, I don't recall owing studio anything when the account was closed and they ignored any correspondence asking them for any proof.

I was not overly bothered as I do have a default that was due to drop in June this year and another in April next year, but now it looks like this one will drag on.

I'm pretty sure that these are the same debt, what can I do to get the MacKenzie Hall one removed?

Thanks for your help.

What is the status of both entries?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

complain to the cra that you believe them all to be the same debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There should be a button next to the entry on each file. Click it and tell them it is a duplicate for the same debt. Mucky hall have been known to add defaults when they are not allowed to. It might be a different debt entirely, but it is a good idea to get a dispute notice on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks Renegade, it won't let me dispute it online as it makes me try to sign up for a questions account, then says my email is already in use and never sends me the password for it. Driving me insane.

I'm pretty sure the default wasnt there a couple of weeks back in June either as I checked, although it says added may 2013.

There is no other debt it could be, I keep a pretty close eye on it.

Hi,

This would appear to be the update of the credit of the credit file on the sale of the debt to Mackenzie Hall, not a 2nd default on the same debt.

You need to contact the Data Controller of both studio and MH, you can place a 'notice of dispute' on the credit files on which this data has been placed.

IF MH has registered a NEW default date then that is definitely wrong and must be corrected (see letter below) and reported to the Information Commissioners Office

and the OFT.

This letter should be sent to The Data Controller at MH and copied to DC at Studio. Use recorded/signed for post:

The Data Controller

MH

Ref: COMPLAINT:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer to entries placed by Mackenzie Hall on my credit reference file held by Equifax, (screen print attaché here) as you will see the entry has a default date of xx.xx xxxx recorded, you will also see that another entry relating to the same account place by Studio with a default date of xx. xx. xxxx.

From the information gathered I can only conclude that the default date has been manipulated to gain advantage for Mackenzie Hall thus allowing it more time to attempt an alleged debt, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Studio or Mackenzie Hall.

I require MH to immediately correct the manipulated default date ON ALL CRA files to which it has reported the alleged debt and to confirm in writing that it has done so.

Also please note that the account with Studio was in dispute and still remains so.

I am aware that some Debt Purchasers/DCAs attempt to claim that a new default date can be registered on the date that they acquire a debt, no doubt MH is aware that this is not the case.

Complaints will be made to the ICO & OFT.

**BEFORE SENDING THIS PLEASE CHECK THAT THE ACTUAL DEFAULT DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED AND THAT IT IS NOT JUST THE DATE THE FILE WAS UPDATED.**

Sometimes the original creditors entry remains side by side with the 'new owners' entry supposedly to show the true conduct of an account, the default dates must remain the same.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

[ATTACH]45110[/ATTACH]

Thank you for that Brig, do I send a copy to the OFT too?

It is definitely showing as two defaults, although as I said the amount differes by £1. I know it is Studio as the date of birth is incorrect on that one. I have screen shotted it, I take it this needs to be included in the letters.

Edited by bluetimone97
Wrong image added

[ATTACH]45110[/ATTACH]

Thank you for that Brig, do I send a copy to the OFT too?

It is definitely showing as two defaults, although as I said the amount differes by £1. I know it is Studio as the date of birth is incorrect on that one. I have screen shotted it, I take it this needs to be included in the letters.

After you receive reply (s) to the letter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: