GE Money/Cardiff Pinnacle PPI **WON £6,067.31 **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been offered a compensation f £6,067.31

(made up of £3,684.92 being PPI refund including interest paid on premium and £2,382.39 being 8% interest on the premium)

from Cardif Pinnacle (underwriters for Flexi Loan & Mortgages)

for a £3,000 PPI front loaded to a £20,000 loan I took from First National (GE Money) in Jan 2004.

I'm glad about this but want to be certain that I haven't been shortchanged by Cardif Pinnacle.

How can I calculate what I'm due before I accept their offer please?

Hello,

I have a confirmation letter about the loan stating the advance and PPI amounts; also indicating monthly repayment sum and interest rate at the time. I also have only one statmeent from Jan 2004 (which details the advance and insurance premium) to March 2005.

Thanks for your help.

Hello, the loan was paid off in 2005 but the insurance policy ran its course and expired on 13th January 2009. The monthly repayment figure started at £194.72, which I paid in Feb & March 2004. The figure then increased to £201.21 from April to July, then £209.39 in August and September. It then increased to £213.54 from October 2004 to March 2005. This is what I've pulled from the statementn I have. Thanks so much for your help; much appreciated.

When you say the insurance policy ran its course, was this a single premium policy added to the loan at the start or was it paid separately to the loan repayment?

Ok

Loan of £20,000 plus PPI of £3,000 gives a total loan of £23,000 making the PPI 13.04% of the total loan.

Work out what 13.04% is of each monthly repayment you actually made and list them in the spreadsheet I have attached at the end of this post. You will need to enter a date of each payment too (or as near as you can get to it).

Did you get any rebate of PPI when you settled the loan? If so, how much was the rebate?

StatIntSheet v101.xls

Ok thanks.

Carry the entries on from March to June '05 when the loan was paid off using the last known monthly repayment amount.

Do you know what the loan settlement figure was?

Ok so 13.04% of the settlement figure equals £3259.16.

Pop that figure into your spreadsheet, the date fo rthis entry should be the date you paid off the account (or as close as you can get to it).

When you have done that, what is the total figure that the spreadsheet gives you?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, the process took under 8 weeks and £6,067.31 was paid. I sent off the initial letter to Cardif Pinnacle as they are the underwriters for Flexi Loan who were brokers for the loan I took from First National (GE Money). I received an acknowledgement letter that my complaint would be investigated. A few weeks later, I received offer.