Vanquis "Discount offer"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anybody advise please?

I currently have an oustanding debt with Vanquis Credit Card that totals £2812.42. I have an agreement with them to pay £40 a month for next 6mths then review the situation as i am currently experiencing dificulty paying all my bills. They were reluctant at first to agree to this but after threatning to pay £1 pm they have accepted this.

This morning i have received a letter from Lewis Debt Recovery, a local firm i believe in West Yorks, offering me a 50% discount on my balance.

They say if i pay £1406.21 in 7days to bring the matter to a speedy conclusion this will settle my account.

My question is why? Is this a tactic to get me to contact them? Why have Vanquis themselves not offered me this? Should i contact Vanquis to check if they have agreed to this?

If genuine, this is a fantastic offer and i would beg/borrow and try to raise this amount to pay this debt off and get it off my case forever.

If i do pay this settlement can i ask them to remove any bad marks on my credit file as part of the deal?

Any advice/help with this matter is very welcome.