Failed to Send Reg Doc - New Keeper

brooksby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

'Im hoping someone could give me some advice on an offence i have received from the DVLA

On Friday I received a letter in the post from a enforcement service company named Collectica "Notice of Distress Warrant" for the amount of £390 the letter didn't give me that much information so i called them and they told me that it was for a previous vehicle i had sold but not informed the DVLA but I have never sold a vehicle in my life, he told me it was from my previous address which i moved out 2 years ago and there was also a court case that happen in Apr 2013 which I did not attend due to me not knowing there was a case. I contacted the DVLA who informed me of the details of the vehicle, it turns out it was a vehicle that got scrapped 2 years ago, or that's what I thought. I Lived in a block or purpose built flats with underground parking and a dedicated parking space, i had and old motorbike there that needed some repair work, although the space is not on a road and in private accommodation there was a rule i didn't know about that says all vehicles in the car park had to be taxed which this one wasn't so the parking company removed my motorbike and asked me for money to get it back or it would be scrapped, I advised to scrap the bike Which he seemed shocked about but agreed, a month or so later I move house i changed my licence with the DVLA to my new address but didn't tell them of a new registered owner as i believed it had been scrapped. What should i do, the £390 is quite alot of money to pay which i believe is mainly charges/court fees and enforcement fees. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, Welcome to CAG.

Was the a magistrates court hearing on charges laid by the DVLA?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm not sure at present, all that I have is a letter from the enforcement agency, they haven't providing me much information only the outstanding balance, so i contacted the DVLA through their on-line form and i got this back from them below. It asks me to send me in full details of my mitigating circumstances in writing which I was going to do but wanted to get some advice first.

The DVLA says its for a SORN not being made but the Collectica Enforments letter says its for the offence "Vehicle - Previous Keeper fail to send Ref Doc to"

Dear Mr James

Thank you for your email received on 17/6/13. Your email reference number is xxx.

A penalty has been issued to you as our records indicate that you were the registered keeper of a vehicle which has been untaxed without a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) being made.

Penalties are only passed onto debt collectors to pursue if the DVLA receive no response to the original penalty letter. Great care has been taken in selecting the Debt Collection Agencies. They are all professional organisations that adhere to the Credit Service Association, Office of Fair Trading Guidelines and the Data Protection Act (DPA).

You state that you no longer have the vehicle; however, you remain liable for the penalty unless you have received a disposal confirmation letter dated before the date of the offence.

For our records to be amended you must write to the address below so that our records can be updated. You will need to provide,

• date of disposal

• new keeper’s name and address

• your signature

• Registration number, make and model of the vehicle

You should receive confirmation of disposal within 4 weeks.

If you wish to make a payment in relation to the penalty you are able to by one of the following methods:

• by debit/credit card, by calling 0300 790 6808. Please note this is a payment only line. The Agency regrets that it is not possible to challenge this penalty by telephone or email

• by cheque or postal order payable to ‘DVLA’. Please write the vehicle registration number on the back of any payment and return it to the address quoted on the letter

If, however, you wish to appeal against the penalty and feel you have circumstances relating to the alleged offence that you wish to bring to the enforcement officer’s attention you must do so in writing as a signature is required.

Please send full details of your mitigating circumstances to,

DVLA

D12

Swansea

SA99 1AH