Full Final Settlement offer - MINT

neobass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am now in the process of agreeing amounts with my 5 creditors for sum of around £30k.

I have received first response back from 1 of them today. Please see below.

mintoffer.jpg

Should I respond back and state that it is upon goodwill I am able to clear the debt or should I offer slightly more than my original offer amount? Also the part where it says it won't be removed from my credit file, assuming I do not have a default against that or any given creditor it will only show as 'partial payment' as they are putting it?

Many thanks!

Neo.

Edited by neobass

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have sent an S.O.S out for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all,

I am now in the process of agreeing amounts with my 5 creditors for sum of around £30k.

I have received first response back from 1 of them today. Please see below.

mintoffer.jpg

Should I respond back and state that it is upon goodwill I am able to clear the debt or should I offer slightly more than my original offer amount? Also the part where it says it won't be removed from my credit file, assuming I do not have a default against that or any given creditor it will only show as 'partial payment' as they are putting it?

Many thanks!

Neo.

Hi citizen B has asked me to take a look at this for you.

I must say I disagree with their proposition that the default status should be amended, the ICO Technical Guidance on Defaults is clear as is the Limitations Act on the way this should be recorded, i.e. the account is marked 'partially' settled but the default entry is removed 6 years after the original default date NOT 6 years from the settlement.

The Guidance states 'removal after 6 years PAID OR NOT, so my advice yes up the offer slightly IF you can do so without causing you and yours any hardship.

I suggest the following.

The Compliance Manager

Newman Debt Collection.

Ref: use theirs:

Sir /Madam,

I refer to Newmans response to my generous offer of full and final settlement of this account for the sum of £300.00, the rejection of this has been noted and may be used as evidence that I have attempted to settle this matter amicably if necessary.

I am however prepared to make an of £xxx.xx as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of any liability on the following conditions.

1. Any remaining balance is NOT sold or assigned to any 3rd party at any time in the future.

2. Removal of adverse data from credit files: The response received is unacceptable as Newman must be aware, the default date on an account CANNOT be amended by a partial settlement, all defaulted accounts are removed from credit file after 6 years PAID or NOT!

I therefore require Newman on acceptance of my offer in writing to confirm that the default date will remain unchanged.

The alternative is that if this generous offer is declined a payment of a maximum of £x will be made and no further offer of settlement will be made.

Newmans written response is required within 7 working days.

OK Neo RD/signed for>

Interesting point the address for Newman is the same as the notorious Transcom Worlwide Ltd.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS

Many thanks for your informative and clear response.

Reading the 6 year comments and felt it was a little odd based upon previous readings on other cases. I shall edit where necessary and send my response. I suspect I shall increase my offer to just above 30% and take it from there.

I shall update you all upon there follow up response.

Best Regards,

Neo

You are most welcome Neo.

Yes please keep me informed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I hope all these debts SHOW on your CRA file?

if not they are fleecing you.

as this is an bank OD

I bet 90% is PENALTY charges too.

if you must pay

DO IT TO THE ORIGINAL CREDIT

never ever pay a DCA an F&F.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as this is an bank OD

if you must pay

dx

Hi Dx

It is for a Mint credit card. Just looking on my credit report it doesn't appear to be actually showing! The only one showing is a credit card from Barclays (whom I've sent a FF offer too aswell) I have 2 CCJ showing but from same creditor from 2009 again sent FF offer too.

So seems my offer to Mint has been a fair one, I'll be sure to stand my ground based upon there decision to accept my 30% offer.

Regards,

Neo

as this is an bank OD

if you must pay

dx

On note of the highlighted.

Should all my FF be sent only to original credtiors/banks rather than a DCA acting upon there behalf? Always and a must?

woa!

you need to slow down here...

if debts are not showing on your CRA file..

then prob you don't owe anything [

you seriously need to investigate WHY

as for the CCJ's whats the date on those?

you cant offer a short settlement on a ccj either.

if the CCJ has been sold on

from the NAMED CLAIMANT

then don't pay the buyer anything!

you REALLY need to list your debts- who owns them - and how much is outstanding..

my fear here is you are taking 'on spec'

whatever these DCA's tell you you owe..

when most prob YOU DONT OWE ANYTHING.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

woa!

you need to slow down here...

if debts are not showing on your CRA file..

then prob you don't owe anything [

as for the CCJ's whats the date on those?

you cant offer a short settlement on a ccj either.

if the CCJ has been sold on

from the NAMED CLAIMANT

then don't pay the buyer anything!

you REALLY need to list your debts- who owns them - and how much is outstanding..

my fear here is you are taking 'on spec'

whatever these DCA's tell you you owe..

when most prob YOU DONT OWE ANYTHING.

dx

I would probably be better posting a full thread on this?

But perhaps a moderator is willing to edit the title.

Here's my current list of debts.

£6900 - Cahoot Loan, Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (Not showing on my credit report)

£11,500 - Egg Loan, Aktiv Kapital (UK) Ltd (Not showing on my credit report)

£1295 - Mint credit card, Newman & Company (Not showing on my credit report)

£3500 - Barclay credit card, Robinson Way Ltd (Showing on my credit report)

£4800 - HSBC Overdraft, Howard Cohen & Co (Showing as CCJ from 24/08/09)

£1000 - HSBC Credit card, Howard Cohen & Co (Showing as CCJ from 10/08/09)

I have offered most of these 25% as a settlement.

Have I made a mistake?

I have been paying all creditors on a debt management for almost 7 years, and I've decided enough is enough. I have come into a little money and want to clear it via FF route.

I would probably be better posting a full thread on this?

But perhaps a moderator is willing to edit the title.

Here's my current list of debts.

£6900 - Cahoot Loan, Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (Not showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment?

£11,500 - Egg Loan, Aktiv Kapital (UK) Ltd (Not showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment?

£1295 - Mint credit card, Newman & Company (Not showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment?

£3500 - Barclay credit card, Robinson Way Ltd (Showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment? & the defaulted date please?

£4800 - HSBC Overdraft, Howard Cohen & Co (Showing as CCJ from 24/08/09) - did you defend, get any paperwork before the CCJ?

£1000 - HSBC Credit card, Howard Cohen & Co (Showing as CCJ from 10/08/09) - when was you last payment?

I have offered most of these 25% as a settlement.

Have I made a mistake?

I have been paying all creditors on a debt management for almost 7 years, and I've decided enough is enough. I have come into a little money and want to clear it via FF route.

who was the DMP with?

dx

and they

who was the DMP with?

dx

Chruchwood financial.

I'm well aware they fleece me too! When I mentioned several months ago about FF they said they would be able to do it for me, but there charges were absurd. I'm little more grown up before I got myself into debt and getting into settling down. I've left it later than I'd like but now I have come into money my main aim is to wipe the slate clean and take each one down in the right order.

I have already claimed for PPI from the above creditors, some was successful others were not. Again that money will go to some good use to getting me debt free.

£6900 - Cahoot Loan, Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (Not showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment? Through DMP once every month

£11,500 - Egg Loan, Aktiv Kapital (UK) Ltd (Not showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment? Through DMP once every month

£1295 - Mint credit card, Newman & Company (Not showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment? Through DMP once every month

£3500 - Barclay credit card, Robinson Way Ltd (Showing on my credit report) - when was you last payment? & the defaulted date please? Through DMP once every month, Defaulted on 01/11/2007 for the amount £4,423 funny it shows me at 8 late payments for the last 6 years!! :(

£4800 - HSBC Overdraft, Howard Cohen & Co (Showing as CCJ from 24/08/09) - did you defend, get any paperwork before the CCJ? I did not defend as I was setting up DMP at the time, my brain is a little faded on it perhaps I should get clarification from the Northampton Court?

£1000 - HSBC Credit card, Howard Cohen & Co (Showing as CCJ from 10/08/09) - when was you last payment? Through DMP once every month

After little more digging it appears the 2 CCJs are -

Unsatisfied Judgment.

Called Northampton Court who were happy to help so it appears that HSBC sold debt to Howard Cohen whom CL Finance ordered the CCJ. So would be looking at 2015 till its off but would be a weight off just to have it showing as 'satisfied'

Edited by neobass

wont make any diff as such.

did you contest the CCJ's or you knew nowt about them ?

as for payments

when did you come out of the DMP.

dx

and they

wont make any diff as such.

did you contest the CCJ's or you knew nowt about them ?

as for payments

when did you come out of the DMP.

dx

I didn't contest the CCJs, I was in a DMP at the time so I have to say I knew nothing about it.

I am still on DMP, I'll close/stop it once FF are persued.

so where did the ccj go to the dmp company?

if so you need to get THEM in court

have you actually CHECKED that any of your payments to this DMP have gone off the debts?

this is beginning to smell.

sadly we find many fee paying DMP's pocket your money.

dx

and they

getting to the stage that we p'haps need individual threads created for each of these debts.

then a more detailed look needs doing on each.

dx

and they

so where did the ccj go to the dmp company?

if so you need to get THEM in court

have you actually CHECKED that any of your payments to this DMP have gone off the debts?

this is beginning to smell.

sadly we find many fee paying DMP's pocket your money.

dx

Yes the DMP are distributing funds to creditors and have been sending me monthly statements for the last 5-6 yrs. I understand they charge me £25 for doing nothing, another reason I want to get FF all done and dusted ASAP

getting to the stage that we p'haps need individual threads created for each of these debts.

then a more detailed look needs doing on each.

dx

Absolutely.

But as I've switched my head on in the last couple weeks to this all its clear to me the following.

1) I must find out why Barclays credit card as showing "8" on my credit report. DMP has had payments from me for the last 6 yrs every month without fail. I never ever miss payments being on DMP.

2) Get reasonable settlement as FF for HSBC OD and Mastercard ASAP. That way those will be reflected as 'settled'

3) Wait for further corespondance from other creditors based upon my 25% offer for FF.

--

All in all my current credit score is 630. I don't simply wish to pay off those as partial payments to improve my score and credit profile as whole, but to be rid of debt out of my life 100%. Obvious reasons I do not have the money owing to clear them as full value, and even then as you say debts have been sold off.

I would suspect none of the debts were ever checked if they are enforceable

save yourself some money

send a cca request off to whomever is getting money through the DMP.

the bank accounts don't have a cca though.

I really do hope all you debts are 'real'

dx

and they

I agree with dx Neo CCA = request for copy of Consumer Credit Agreement

From Chruchwood? I'll do that.

The Barclay Card credit report thing has me miffed though. Its as though they never got a penny clealy shows they got £15 a month for the last 5-7 yrs every month!

Yes it is an annoying situation and all to familiar.