Defaults on credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have 2 problems

Firstly, the CO-OP sent me a default in 2009 but on my credit file the date is dec 2011, so I will have an extra 3 years nearly of this on my file when it was well before, what can I do about that?

Secondly, a company called Fairmile have re-issued a default in 2008 from a original 2002 one which had already been removed in 2008 just previous to them issuing the new one. Same debt, same acc no

I know they won't remove it as I have had bad experiences with them already, so what can I do?

Edited by wakeywakey
spelling mistake

Don't waste £20 yet, please give us some more info on these entries, redacted screen prints would help to give you better advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Do you a printer attached to your computer, the credit file has a facility to enable printing a file or the whole report.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 1 month later...

Quick update.

Co-op have changed the date after I asked Noodle to investigate but they changed it to sept 2011 from dec 2011, when it should be Jan 2009

What is going on with this?

Surely they can't just make up a date.

I have the original default and it was Jan 2009

Ok, You say 'I have the original default from 2009' this concerns me, can you confirm that what you are referring to is a 'DEFAULT NOTICE' giving you time to remedy the default situation, i.e. 14 days, and not proof that an actual default was placed and reported on CRA file?

• 6 months later...

Emm something odd with the post, in my in box I can see the CRA file printout clearly showing the 2009 default date so somewhere along the line someone has changed this.

I seems to me that the dates are so far apart that this is not a 'clerical error' and it is totally unacceptable.

I can help you with a Formal Complaint to the bank and Fairmile if you wish.