wrong on so many levels

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I know I keep banging on about PPC's getting smarter, but it's good to know the opposite is true as well.

A completely new "offence" has been invented, as a complete opposite of a parking charge.

I saw a sign today, as I passed through a town, which was a "no parking" charge.

On a small trading estate/shop front, serving a single shop, with a sign saying "No thoroughfare" and words to the effect pictures will be taken, and a charge of £70 will be made.

On a sign visible after you turned in, and had to continue past to leave again.

So, you drive in, to a shop premises open to the public, and if you don't park, it's 70 quid!

If you park, it's free.

And it doesn't lead to anywhere, it's just the front of the shop. So it's not even a thoroughfare.

And the best bit of all- it's on a 24hr drive thru!

Which also isn't a drive thru, as you have to stop, and go in the shop, which is only open in the day, not 24hrs. The drive thru bit is an out of hours drop box, that needs to be pre arranged.

I didn't entirely see the name on the sign, but I believe, it was these.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/bpa-terminates-membership-of-vp-parking-solutions

So, not a member of the BPA, (how do you get thrown out) so can't get the RK details from the DVLA, - or can they.

It's not a parking ticket, it's a not-parking ticket!

Edited by peanutsallergy

Some signs are very badly worded. I have seen examples which say something like "Parents and children only in designated bays". Does that mean if you have a child with you you can only park in those bays and no others?

Some signs are very badly worded. I have seen examples which say something like "Parents and children only in designated bays". Does that mean if you have a child with you you can only park in those bays and no others?

Or no cars - just the parents and children to be left in the designated bays?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Or, bay's that are marked, "Disabled drivers only", once I leave the vehicle, I'm no longer a driver, so just how do I get from the side of the car, to a position outside the bay!

Or, if I have a passenger with me, and he/she is not disabled, how exactly do they stand [i know, it was intended!]

What about my usual passenger, she also holds a blue badge in her own right, and is far more disabled than I, so she becomes a "Disabled passenger", and has no rights in the bay, at all.

And what about if she drives her [Motability], car in, and I drive it out - ooooh! I could go on, and on!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Most of these PPC's should not be allowed to use the English language; on the grounds that it is obviously too much of an intellectual challenge for them.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!