P60 P45 and wage slip problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I recently handed in my notice at work,due to many problems but one of the issues was no pay slips and not getting paid on time.

when I was getting paid it was always the same amount,no alteration.

I have now been with my new employer a ,month today,yet still have not got my p45 and p60 from my previous employment.

I have asked and asked and usually ignored,the last thing I was told was the accountants have sent the paperwork to my new employer,surely it should be sent to me? and do I now contact HMRC about the issue?

Im now on emergency tax code and also need the p60 details to sort my tax credits as I was only in this job for 9 months.

Thanks in advance

Graham

What does your new employer say ? If they have received this then perhaps they will provide it to you.

If not, then I suspect that you will need to speak to HMRC.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Your old employer is duty bound to send you these documents the P60 is particularly important as copies are not issued.

A complaint to the Company Secretary often has a beneficial effect on matters like this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks

My new employer knows the situation,as he was having work done at my previous workplace and then had to pull out due to problems,my previous employer is a kinda one man band no secretary ! I do know his accountants,should they not be on top of this,or are they waiting for a nod! Should'nt I have the P60 by the end of may?

Certainly no later than today imo.

Was your last employer a Ltd Company?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If you don't have a p45 you can complete a starter checklist to get the correct code allocated. See link. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/working/forms/paye-forms.htm

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Right,I sat down with my old boss to sort this out,after all the lies etc,we were there an hour and he didnt know what to put on the p60,he couldnt work it out,eventually made some excuses and had to lock up shop,handing me a part finished p45 and p60,and telling me he'll ring me in the morning with the figures for me to fill them out!

I rang the HMRC Tax line,and they have no record as yet of me being there,due to the relevent details not being submitted so far,and was told I will have to keep badgering him?.

I need to ring national insurance next,I know.

My biggest worry is my tax credits,we rely on it a massive amount and me and my wife are so worried that we wont be able to fill out the form and claim them by 31st july.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Hmm. Sounds like your old boss hasn't been keeping proper records. How long were you employed there?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Were you paid cash or into a bank account?

Do you have a p45 from your previous employment or from signing off benefits? That would covet part of the year.

I'm no expert on the matter but I am a Company Director and as such employ people. Although my accountants do the vast majority of the work I understand that my employees salaries must be submitted to HMRC on or before payday each month.

In this instance as the HMRC has not heard of you it sounds like your previous employer has not declared the fact your working there which is why they cannot provide a P45 or P60. However, I am speculating. Each month we receive all the payslips plus another couple of forms detailing all the salaries as well as the PAYE due as well as NI. It may be your previous employer has not submitted this information to the revenue otherwise they would have the information readily availible. I could tell you exactly what should be on any of my employees P45 or P60 within 10 minutes of asking. If you were paid in cash I believe its highly likely your old employer is at it.

Were they a small company? When you were being paid, did you receive payslips on a monthly basis? Did the payslips show a breakdown of how much was due for tax and NI?

Agreed swoosh. I suspect he's going to be in big trouble. OP mentioned he didn't get payslips.

Having re-read the OP regarding payslips so i agree, big trouble ahead for your old employer.

I would call the HMRC directly, i note you have already done so but ask them if you have had any Tax & NI paid for you over the period you were employed. They will be able to see this, you could report them and HMRC will send an enforcement team round to investigate. If any irregularities are found then the director could be prosecuted and even sent to prison. How many employees did your old boss have?

You are legally entitled to Payslips, P45's and P60's. You could also contact ACAS for advice and explain the situation to them. Where about are you based? Can you please also confirm what period you worked there? What hours you done each month, was it full time? How many holidays did you take, your employer would also be due to pay you out any remaining holiday's before you left.

Thanks for the replies,interesting reading for sure!

Im based down in Devon,I worked there from end july2012 to end may 2013. I worked full time,40 hours a week,and took no holiday.

Now I have just realised,I did badger him for wage slips at the beginning of the year,due to me renewing my mortgage,after many many hours he eventually did some there and then in front of me,all containing the same figures.

It is a small business,with only 3 of us on the shop floor,one guy who has been there over 2 years has never had any pay slips,he has just quit too,and is leaving at the end of this month,

I did send him a rather abrupt message this weekend,he got back to me and said he couldn't contact HMRC on saturday as they were not open,but he said he'd emailed his accountant to try to sort this all on mondey,he then forwarded that email onto me,it looks legit as it contains the email address of the accountant,so we'll see what happens there.

This is a real downer for me,the guy who runs this business was a friend,for many years,he's married to a very wealthy business woman,who has no idea of whats going on!

I could go on about the operating practices too,but thats a different story!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies,interesting reading for sure!

Im based down in Devon,I worked there from end july2012 to end may 2013. I worked full time,40 hours a week,and took no holiday.

Now I have just realised,I did badger him for wage slips at the beginning of the year,due to me renewing my mortgage,after many many hours he eventually did some there and then in front of me,all containing the same figures.

It is a small business,with only 3 of us on the shop floor,one guy who has been there over 2 years has never had any pay slips,he has just quit too,and is leaving at the end of this month,

I did send him a rather abrupt message this weekend,he got back to me and said he couldn't contact HMRC on saturday as they were not open,but he said he'd emailed his accountant to try to sort this all on mondey,he then forwarded that email onto me,it looks legit as it contains the email address of the accountant,so we'll see what happens there.

This is a real downer for me,the guy who runs this business was a friend,for many years,he's married to a very wealthy business woman,who has no idea of whats going on!

I could go on about the operating practices too,but thats a different story!

Well well, I get a letter saying I have a tax refund from the hmrc, because I have been out of work for the last 9 months! My p60 is due here delivered by hand in 30 mins, we'll see!