Insurance nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP...my insurance wont do anything.

Phone bill to date..approx 197 pounds...approx three and a half hours..result....my car is damaged..unsecure and not being repaired.

autoglass will not fit audi glass without insurance permission. Insurance cannot find price of audi glass.

Its 75.00 pounds...took me thirty seconds to find. they cannot communicate with each other and they are so rude and obstructive you wouldnt believe it.

I cannot afford to take it to audi. this is day three now without response from my insurance.

They have offered to take the car for 'secure' storage at my cost.

WTF am i insured for.

I am getting nowhere. i have put in a formal complaint. 2 managers have phoned back and still not managed to find out the cost of the glass from audi or autoglass.

In between...autoglass mad an appointment to repair but didnt turn up because the glass hadnt been oredered. they then offered another appointment which i could not keep due to work...so they also bnecame rude and unhelpful.

I m lost for words.

Who are you insured with ? The company who you bought the policy from and the actual underwriter shown on the certificate.

Autoglass deal with most companies and can check your Insurance details, if you advise them of the underwriter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Believe me it has gone way beyond this...Autoglass can do it but my insurance will not give permission because they 'cannot' find out the price of the glass from Autoglass. this has taken 2 days now and they still dont have an answer.

Believe me it has gone way beyond this...Autoglass can do it but my insurance will not give permission because they 'cannot' find out the price of the glass from Autoglass. this has taken 2 days now and they still dont have an answer.

This is silly. All the glass claims I have had, Autoglass have dealt with quickly and there has been no hassle with Insurers getting involved in agreeing amounts for the price of glass.

Suggest contacting your Insurers head office and making a complaint to someone senior, who can pick up the phone to the right person to get this work done, without further hassle.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It is always helpful to name Insurers who have not been helpful in these situations, so others are warned. There are companies out there, who are a pain in the *ss to deal with. I would suggest that the issue here is that Autoglass don't have a good relationship with your Insurers, which is not the fault of Autoglass.

This is silly. All the glass claims I have had, Autoglass have dealt with quickly and there has been no hassle with Insurers getting involved in agreeing amounts for the price of glass.

Suggest contacting your Insurers head office and making a complaint to someone senior, who can pick up the phone to the right person to get this work done, without further hassle.

My phone bill is currently sitting at £197.00. I have made 32 phonecalls within the last 48 hours.

I have also now sent approx 10 emails.

My last call was on hold for 47 minutes....to be fair...that was with Autoglass.

I am completely lost.

I cannot get a response.

You could try the FOS to see if they can intervene with your Insurers. They may have a contact name/number which can resolve this quickly. You may be able to also claim compensation from the Insurers for the cost of calls. Your Insurers are responsible for the problems you have with any of the contractors they use.

My phone bill is currently sitting at £197.00. I have made 32 phonecalls within the last 48 hours.

I have also now sent approx 10 emails.

My last call was on hold for 47 minutes....to be fair...that was with Autoglass.

I am completely lost.

I cannot get a response.

If your call costs are due to premium rate numbers have you checked for alternative geographical numbers on saynoto0870.com ?

• 2 weeks later...
So for some glass which is 75 quid plus vat and labour you've wasted 200 on calls?

Who's the insurers?

Youre missing the point.

If I am insured then I should receive at least some form of service.

I have wasted....as you put it...£200 on calls trying to get my insurance to do their job and sort my car nothing more.

They have done absolutely nothing to help me.........therefore WTF am I paying for.