Wescot / TSB Lloyds

Jayney69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off a CCA request to Credit Security Limited - they had "brought" my old Lloyds TSB credit card debt a while ago.

I had been paying them automatically (stupid I know), but then stopped when I found this site.

They have sent back the request and the £1 postal order with a letter that just says:

"We have been unable to action the enclosed as we are no longer instructed in this matter.

Please forward all payments and communications to our Client direct at: LLoyds TSB, etc, etc"

I sent this off to them as they were threatening me with payment within 7 days, etc, etc.

I find it very strange that they were instructed just a few days before when they were threatening me :)

What happens now?

Do I just wait for Lloyds TSB to contact me again, or do I go ahead and sent the CCA request to them direct.

Also (probably a stupid question) should the postal order be crossed or uncrossed?

It looks to me as though they were never the assignees of the account in the first place and have actually misled you.

I would wait until LTSB contact you again.

Have you sent the CCA request to LTSB ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The Postal order should be crossed - that way it can only be paid into a Bank account :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Haven't sent anything to Lloyds yet, thought I would wait and see who they get next to chase it.

I did get the postal order crossed, so that was good, but I wasn't quite sure.

I think it might be in your interests to send the request to LTSB - you might also find it worthwhile investing £10.00 in a Subject Access Request. This gives you access to all the data/information they hold on you in respect of any financial dealing you have with them.

They have 40 days to comply with the request.

You will find a Draft SAR letter in the CAG library, which is linked a the top of each screen and needs to be sent to the Data Controller at their Head office :)

I am suggesting you do this now because they will claim they only hold information for 6 years (which is untrue because a cagger recently received information further back than that).

If by chance either LTSB or any of their "3rd party agents" decide to start legal action against you for the balance.. at least you will already have the information to hand rather than phaffing around attempting to get it later on.

BCOBS

Had a letter yesterday from Robinson Way regarding the Lloyds debt - they certainly passed that on to the next DCA quickly :)

Their letter was extremely forthright "....Our client has authorised us to recover the full amount you owe, shown above. PLEASE PAY THE FULL AMOUNT YOU OWE WITHOUT DELAY....."

Am I correct to send them a CCA request or shall I just go direct to Lloyds with a SAR request?

They've also phoned but I just tell them in writing only.

I would send the CCA request to Robbers Ways - have 12+2 to reply - will need to ask LTSB for info - which will take longer than time allowed - if late then send them the account in dispute letter (in library as is cca letter) - my LTSB is now with the third dca - defo on the merrygoround - each one passes it back to OC more quiclky. Good luck

Intend

• 6 months later...

I've eventually had a letter back from Robinson Way (following my letter sent to them in MARCH!).

It states: " Further to your CCA request for a copy agreement/statement in respect of the above account. Our client has confirmed that they have already sent you this documentation for your attention. We now require your payment proposals within the next 15 days. after which time collection activity will resume on the account."

1. My CCA request was most definitely for a copy agreement NOT a statement

2. I've received NOTHING from Lloyds

3. 2 other DCA's have also chased this in the past. As soon as I've done a CCA request they've given up and just passed it on to the next one.

4. The debt relates to an old Lloyds TSB credit card, probably taken out 12-15 years ago. I paid minimum payments for a while until the debt got sold on to seceral differnt DCAs at different times

Do I repeat my original request for a DCA to Robinson Way? Or just go straight to Lloyds?

Send this to RW vaddressed to the Compliance Manger.

Ref: as on their letters.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you state that your client has provided an agreement compliant with a CCA 1974 section 77/78 request, this is not in fact the case all that was provided was a ''statement'' there for this matter is now formally in dispute and I do not acknowledge any debt to RW or your '' client''.

I suggest that you return the account to your client.

Recorded delivery.

BTW when was the last payment or acknowledgment made?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 8 months later...

Hi

Wescot have been chasing me intermittently for a Lloyds TSB credit card debt which is a good few years old,

I haven't paid anything on it for at least a couple of years (really since I found this site).

their last contact was a standard chasing letter back in September last year, and on 3 October 2012 I wrote to them requesting a CCA, etc. I heard nothing.

I've had a letter dated 21 May stating:

"As a final attempt to avoid further action, our client has agreed that we can offer you a 50% discount to settle your account.

This offer is only available for a limited time so you should contact us by 31/5/13 to agree a payment of £1952.50,

or the offer will be withdrawn and further action will continue to recover the full outstanding balance of £3905.00."

It then goes on to say that they will "consider" a realistic payment plan", etc, etc, and asks me to phone them.

Now, I have absolutely no intention of phoning them, I refuse to speak to anyone regarding financial matters on the phone.

I think that they may be a little desperate and unable to find the original agreement (it would be probably around 15 years old) and that's why they've offered the 50% reduction.

My feeling is just to ignore.

Any suggestions.

So are Wescloth acting as collection agents only - the account hasn't been sold to them ?

Have you previously made a CCA request?

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to LTSB in order to obtain all the information they have on this account ?

LTSB have a habit of destroying stuff - or updating their data base and information doesn't get transferred to the new one. So information is conveniently lost.

If they were to start litigation then chances are any documents they were to provide would be reconstructed which could then cause problems for you.

BCOBS

discount letter

time to ignore everyone!!.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 threads merged on same debt

please keep to one thread per debt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I have had 2 letters. One from Wescot threatening a Doorstep Collection visit, apparently they know of no genuine reason why I have failed to pay (I would say no response to my CCA request, but there we go)., this was dated 19 June. The 2nd letter was from Credit Security saying that they have been instructed, and I should contact them by today.

I have emailed both Wescot and Credit Security stating that I have no intention of paying until they can find the CCA, and that my cat has more right to enter my property.

Should I just await their response?

time to stop letter tennis now

dx

and they

ignore

dx

and they