Lombard Loans collection solicitor fees are being charged to me and are now over 2.5k

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lombard Direct obtained a decree on a loan and were awarded 8% interest on the loan and £400 court costs in 2008.

Anderson Strathern began collection of the debt,

Lombard sent correspondence asking me to make payments to Arden Credit Management and not to deal with Anderson Strathern at all.

I followed this instruction and then received email, letters threatening further action and then sheriff officers at my door re the collection,

after phoning Lombard and being told they weren't discussing my case (i have the date, & time i spoke to them)

and being totally freaked out that the sheriff officers were talking to my neighbours and Lombard's attitude

i started paying Anderson again as it was the only way to get them off my back as apparently Lombard had given them instructions to do what they decided to debtors

and made a complaint to them about the sheriff officers. They contacted Lombard and asked if this was true!!

Sorry long story but

i have now discovered it isn't £400 court costs but it has grown into 2.5k of legal debt,

they will not give me a breakdown telling em i have to get that from Lombard as i am not their client

and Lombard refer me to the debt management company IDEM who obviously have no idea of what i am asking for.

What can i do and are Lombard allowed to charge me for what appears to be a contract between them and Anderson Stratheron

and i am the piggie in the middle with ever accruing legal fees.

I checked the court documents and it makes no mention of legal fees apart from the court costs of £400

Maria

2.5k? Somethings not right there. Has this ever gone to bailiffs or the scottish equivalent? It really sounds like they are ignoring the court and adding on bogus charges and interest. They can only ask for the amount on the decree. If bailiffs get involved then their costs get added too, but only to a certain amount.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

phone the court direct and ask.

legal fees in relation to litigation costs [the case before court]

are usually added to the debt

pers i'd sar Lombard.

it appears you've been told to pay the wrong people.

and if this has caused the Sherriff & his fees

you need to recoup them

or at least show the judge you were duped

a decree should be paid to the claimant ...end of.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2.5k? Somethings not right there. Has this ever gone to bailiffs or the scottish equivalent? It really sounds like they are ignoring the court and adding on bogus charges and interest. They can only ask for the amount on the decree. If bailiffs get involved then their costs get added too, but only to a certain amount.

Hi

No, the sheriff officers were only involved when Anderson Stratheron were still pushing me into paying them and not Arden Credit Management as requested by Lombard Direct. I only discovered these fees when a money advisor for CAB requested a balance for entering a DAS scheme. I did SAR them as the post below suggests and they wrote back telling me they held no information on me and i was to ask IDEM who had replaced Arden Credit Management. IDEM then sent me the same monthly statements they had been sending me only showing the debt on the loan not the interest on it applied by the court or Anderson Stratheron legal fees, when i asked Anderson for a breakdown they told me they couldn't as i wasn't their client and Lombard seem to be giving me the runaround on an explaination.

I hope this helps both responses to my query

Sorry forgot to add what on earth can i do to find out what the fees are for when the court documents show they were awarded £400 court costs. I will double check with the court that what is in the documents you receive after a decree is granted against you is the whole fees due.

Maria

There are some information gaps here. You should be paying what is stated in the court order. So, have you paid the court order or not?

If you have paid the amounts stated in the court order, don't pay anything else and explain in writing attaching a copy of the order.

If you have not paid the amounts in the court order, why not? Have you applied to the court to set monthly payments? They may be claiming the wrong amount, but if you have not paid what you are supposed to I imagine they are entitled to involve sheriffs/bailiffs. I don't have experience with the Scottish legal system but I imagine Sheriffs (proper Sheriffs, not private individuals) can only act under a court order and presumably checked that order when they were asked to act.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

The court order was set for £175 based on maintenance and tax credits which due to my sons age i lost 3 months later as i listened to Payplan (my debt management company) who insisted i didn't need a lawyer and the letter from them to the Judge would be enough (i believe this is the case in England), it isn't in Scotland and basically as i had no lawyer the Judge wasn't interested in what i had to say. I have never been back to court as i have no money for a lawyer and as i was working i didn't think i would qualify for civil legal aid.

I explained to Anderson Stratheron and sent an Income & Expenditure showing i could pay £100 and this was accepted. Anderson Stratheron sent the Sheriff Officers as although i told them Lombard Direct to me not to even discuss my case with them and put all payments to Arden Credit Management, they didn't ask their client this until i raised a complaint about the sheriff officers and then all of a sudden i wasn't to pay Arden Credit Management but to switch back to paying Anderson Stratheron, confusing i know but what is even more confusing is that no-one will give me a breakdown of the legal costs or how they are above the £400 granted.

Maria

Sorry but I still am not following you. I also do not understand why you think you are liable for these extra legal costs above the 400 granted. Can you type out the exact wording of the court order?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS