**Lowell & Advantis CHasing Three Debt**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've just started posting in the forum and it has already been a great help.

After checking my credit file I've decided to deal with some debt problems one by one to try and clean up my credit file.

One of these is an alleged debt of £69 said to be owned by Lowell.

In the last 5 months I've had letters from Hamptons Legal, Lowell and Advantis (In that order) acting on behalf on Three Mobile.

I've uploaded the letters here.

hamptonlegal.jpg

lowellport.jpg

advantis.jpg

I have a vague idea what the debt may be, a 3g contract I had some years back which I'm sure the contract ended without me renewing.

So here are my questions

1.knowing that this is a mobile phone debt and that I cannot CCA them, what other options do I have in regards to trying to have this marked as settled in full?

2.This is a relatively small amount compared to my other debts so if it comes down to it I'll just pay it off,

I just want them to prove I owe the money, so I plan to send this letter, an edited version of on of the templates from the library;

Dear Sir or Madam

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to “Three Mobile.”

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question, that you Fully delete and expunge this disputed record from my credit files with all 3 credit reference agencies (namely Experian, Equifax and Callcredit) at the first possible opportunity, and all other credit reference agencies you have reported this account to.

After which I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account. I await your written confirmation that you will be removing the records form my credit files and that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office of Fair Trading of your actions.

Yours faithfully

3.So as you can see from their letters, Lowell have stated that they have instructed Advantis to pursue me, but Lowell still own the debt on my credit report.

SO who do I send this letter to? Lowell or Advantis?

4.What evidence do they need to provide to prove I owe the money, and that they can enforce it?

Your thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thanks

Edited by OldSoul
Added Scans

whats the defaulted date?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so when was your last payment.

I 'default' should be within 6mts of that.

its a spoof debt that's for sure

discount letter next!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so when was your last payment.

I 'default' should be within 6mts of that.

its a spoof debt that's for sure

discount letter next!

dx

Ok, sorry if I sound dumb, but I think I've confused late/delinquent payments with defualts, what is the difference bewteen these and how do they show up on say an experian file? This is a snapshot of my experian report with the lowell entry. I assumed an 8 was a default?

lowellex.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I cant recall my last payment, but it must've been at least 3 years ago, if not 4. So the default date is in 2011, I know I definitely didnt have a 3g or make any sort of payment to them in that year, so do you think there is a possibility this default has been registered wrongly and subsequently the random late payment marker last year ?

Edited by OldSoul

so was opened 24-05-2009

prior to 27/4/11 it has had 6 late/missed payments

so the cra system automatically marks it '8' [default]

last reported upon 26/8/12

will vanish 27/4/17

dx

and they