Two PCNs within one minute of eachother

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site, seems like a great resource. Any of your help will be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded a couple of files of the PCNs in question.

Anyway the story...

I came home from work on Friday to be greeted by two PCNs. You can imagine how blue the air was.

On closer inspection they are for two offences committed within a minute of each other.

One is for parking in a loading bay for about five minutes(while loading for a local business) the other is for entering a no entry zone, all of this on the same road.

With regard to the the no entry one, I think I may just have to pay it, but I had no idea I was entering a no entry otherwise I wouldn't have done it, but ignorance is no excuse and I imagine this is the line the Hammersmith and Fulham council will take, but if any of you guys can find a technicality then great.

It is the loading bay one that is my major annoyance. The PCN states that I was parked in the loading bay for a few minutes and I should not have parked there in my class of vehicle. Granted I don't drive a HGV, but my car is a work car, I am an IT field engineer working across London using my own vehicle. It is insured as a work car by myself so I fail to see how they can charge me for this. I would have been loading a computer/it equipment to one of the estate agents we have all over London.

I guess my question on this would be, Can i use a loading bay to load to a local business in a normal car that is insured for business use. Surely this is the very definition of a loading bay, and why it was placed there in the first place.

I don't drive like an idiot, in fact i consider myself a considerate driver. Why are these councils allowed to keep handing these out willy nilly to make u the funding short falls. It makes me extremely angry. Frankly I think they are taking the ****, and are abusing their powers to extract money out of the easiest targets ie motorists.

Anyway rant over.

If any of you rather wonderful people can help me it it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Rich3423

If the loading bay is restricted to HGVs, and you weren't in one, then no you can't use it. You can try appealing in an apologetic tone, explaining what you were doing - you just might get a cancellation.

The other one, you said you had no idea it was no entry - were there any signs up? What was the location?