style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all

First of all, thank you for creating this forum.

I have already found some basic info on how to help a friend of mine simply by searching the keywords.

However I would like to explain my friend's situation and kindly ask for an advice.

Here is what happened:

- My friend. Mr W, sold his car 18 months ago

- Soon he received a ticket from Transport for London for parking at a wrong zone

- Mr W visited a local DVLA office to clarify it. He was assured everything was dealt with.

- He moved to a new address

- Today (after 1.5 year) he received a "Removal Notice" from Marston:

"I attended your address today at____ to arrange payment under the terms of a warrant issued on behalf of the above client (Transport for London).

Despite previous visits and notices this matter has not been settled,

which means the costs are increasing and I therefore urge you to contact me on the telephone number immediately.

Please Note that the amount now due is £477.04 inclusive of charges for today's attendance.

If this amount is NOT PAID IN FULL IMMEDIATELY a further call will be made,

Without Notice, to effect removal, for sale at public auction.

Such action will render you liable to further substantial costs.

DO NOT DISREGARD THIS NOTICE"

I will mention again that my friend sold his car 1.5 year ago and i assume It was still registered under his name.

He visited DVLA office in Norwich. He can also prove that he was at work at the time when the incident happened.

After reading the forum I advised my friend to contact the Marston directly and also to visit Norwich Magistrates Courts to seek advice and assistance.

Is there anything he should do asap to avoid unnecessary costs and stress?

Thank you for any help on this matter

Tomek T.

I think a statutory declaration is the answer here.

troops will be alog in the morning.

I don't think he has anything to worry about

if he can prove he sold the car - end of issue.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree DX Statutory Declaration, but it will have to be sent to TFL, along with proof of whereabouts as marstons will keep calling and adding fees and threaten to attend with locksmiths, enter under SDCVA take goods etc, until the court calls them off he should also send a notarised copy to marstons, and keep a copy to show the bailiff if he is in when they call. Might be worth contacting BBC watchdog regarding DVLA muppetry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Before doing anything he needs to quickly call TFL and ask them for the date of contravention.

Transport for London should be able to deal with this very quickly indeed.

He needs to act quickly as Marston Group can take other goods of his including a car. If he has any problems please post back.

PS: There is NOTHING at all that Norwich Magistrates Court can do. If the PCN is valid ( which is doubtful) then he will need to file an out of time witness statement.

PS: Did he receive any previous notices from TfL about this PCN?