Mistaken identity followed by Unsolicited Motormile texts and call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've recently started receiving texts and most recently a call from what appears to be Motormile finance.

The first text referred to Mayday debt offers but also was addressed to someone else, hence i ignored it as it seemed to be the usual unsolicited spam.

Since then ive had several more with the following text:

It is very important that we speak to you please contact our office urgently on 01138876876 MMF ref. (ref number)

along with a missed call from a similar number which traces back to Motormile finance.

My question is:

As i am obviously not the intended recipient of the original text (it was for a lady for a start - and im a man!) its obviously mistaken identity, but i'm unsure whether to speak to anyone from Motormile to clarify. From what i've read they sound like a particularly difficult collection agency and its not clear to me whether they are trying to extort money or legitimately try to claim on debt owed by someone else.

As some of the messages i've read have said speaking on the phone is a big no-no and i'm not sure what i'm dealing with I thought i should ask advice on how to proceed. Please help! I'm actually finding the harassment quite stressful already and just want them to go away.

Please also note i do not have any debt that i'm aware of and believe its extremely unlikely there could be a legitimate claim against me.

Thanks in advance!

Ignore it for now. It's a phishing trick. The only thing you should do is block the number and report it to the OFT.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D