Jumped a red light

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a memo from my office NIP sent to them because I went over a red light it says 1 second on the form, if prosecuted is it just a fine and points normally, if so how many points and any idea what the fine might be. And yes it was a camera and they have the photographic evidence so i probably did do it.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

thanks ,did a driver awareness last year so wont get the chance to do it again, only got 3 points at the moment so another 3 is ok, its when its get to 9 it can be a bit of a problem.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

It could have been worse.

I know I went over on amber once - no excuse, but I'd just seen an old friend I'd lost touch with for several years a couple of cars in front of me, and I really wanted to catch up and get new contact details.

Anyway a police car waiting on red at the junction chased after me and said I'd gone over on red, and they breathalysed me. To make matters worse, the breathalyser didn't work and I had to wait for another one to be brought from the police station with a police car either side of my car. I was there for half an hour and praying that no-one I knew went past and saw me. It was awful. :oops:

Funnily enough, when I passed the breathalyser they didn't say anything else about allegedly jumping a red light.

I learnt my lesson.

Really, it's just not worth going over on red because if a motorcyclist waiting at the same junction takes off at speed as soon as his light changes to amber, as they often do, you would be totally at fault and if you killed him or injured him you could end up in prison. :!:

And don't be tempted to do a Chris Hoon - you'll spend some time inside, even if you only have to serve a quarter of your time. Fix!!!!!!!