• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Repossession questioned by deeds not being signed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Thank you for picking up on this ims21......

Is It Me advised he would like the thread title amended to: "Accord Mortgages and other lenders Deeds are Unenforcible"

Please see his post #731 for confirmation.

Apple

Hmm I'm not sure we would be happy making such a statement.

Perhaps a better way would be to call it

"Are Accord Mortgages and Other Lenders Deeds Enforceable? - Discuss"

Not much of a 'discussion' then? : )

That's a shame,.... hope you don't mind me saying........ we are not talking 'agreements'...we are talking 'Deed's.... (no offence)

Apple

Ok even if it is deeds

We will not be carrying a thread title which categorically states that these deeds are unenforceable.

Hi Is It Me...

ims21...opened and shut the 'discussion'....it would appear based purely on my post......I thought others would have got a chance to comment...but, no...it seems I'm the 'culprit'...sorry mate...If I'd have known that would have been the result......without democratic intervention....I promise, I would not have contributed anything at all....

Apple

What I actually said was that we will not carry a thread title which categorically states that these deeds are unenforceable. That aspect is not up for discussion.

The thread title has been changed but is still being reviewed and may still need to be changed again.

• 1 month later...
I have access to ...'insert link'......, insert email link....., insert image,..... insert video,...... wrap,

Nothing to 'attach'.......

I would really like to get the info on....so, if you are unable to assist...say by this afternoon....to save further delay....I'll just have to post it up on the thread....(or, if you send me an email addres for a site team member, I can send it as is....without losing any of the formatting).....................it's only about 4 pages long....

Apple

Use the "Go Advanced" button to reply to a message and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments". You can then upload Word Documents or a PDF and insert the attachment.

If you cannot see a "Go advanced" button or the "Manage Attachments" button I will have a look at the settings for you again.

hello CAG whats the policy regarding allowing people to share information privately. is CAG against this?

Why can you not post documents on the open forum?

One major point is that you never know who you are dealing with off forum despite what they may appear to be on the open forum.

This thread has been allowed to continue so that those who are interested in the subject matter can explore the ideas put forward.

However, it now seems that the few contributors to the thread are not happy about being given this opportunity.

So, with regard to the PM facilities, we have asked that all dealings are in open forum in order that interested members can see the whole picture and that the information posted can be checked and verified. We have also pointed out the dangers of dealing via PM and passing personal information via that medium. As I have pointed out, if you send some personal information which identifies you to another person, you never know who that other person is. Some didn't seem to understand this concept when I posted it before.

We have also asked you to refrain from posting the ideas being discussed here in the threads of people who come here with an immediate and genuine need to stop an eviction. Sadly that request was not taken on board by some and they received short shrift from the people who deal with home repossession on a day to day basis and, I might add, extremely successfully.

These successes have been achieved by using tried and trusted methods and processes rather than the apparently untried and untested ideas being discussed in this thread.

Were I to be in the position of a new member coming here for help with saving my home in the immediacy, I would want to be guided through a process where there is a proven and visible record of success.

As far as number of views, viewers etc. are concerned, it would be unwise to read anything more into the figures than has been presented. The fact that this thread has received 60,000 + views means nothing in itself and cannot be used as a measure of strength of interest in the subject matter. In addition, the figure of 179 members who have viewed this thread is not a measure of any strength. That figure will include those who have dropped in for a cursory glance, those who are bored and are just browsing around along with those who may have a genuine interest. One would have thought that those who had a genuine interest may have made a contribution or asked a question but there are very few participants which may tell it's own story.

So to the business end of this post.

You have been allowed this thread to carry out these discussions. Remember please that there are no "rights" to post on CAG and that you have been "allowed" to have this discussion here.

We will not permit these untested ideas to be explored in the open forum on threads of people who have come here in serious fear of repossession and where the tried and trusted methods have served people extremely well in the past. If we see that this requirement is not adhered to then we may have to impose some account restriction.

PM facilities are afforded to those who use them in the spirit in which they are meant and can be withdrawn from any member at any time. Again, please keep all information in the open forum. If this is not done then surely you are depriving those very people who have an interest in your topic of relevant information.

We will not permit any more swipes or derogatory posts about the site team or anyone else. Failure to adhere to this requirement may lead to account restrictions for those involved.

We will not enter into arguments on these points and any posts which seek to challenge the above will be removed.

Please now keep this thread on the actual subject matter in hand.

Members who have a number of posts which is below a certain threshold do not have the ability to PM other members. They can, however PM any of the Site Team.

Above that threshold, PM facilities are dealt with on an individual basis depending on behaviour of the member in question. An example would be where there is touting for business involved.

All are welcome to post on this thread but within the forum rules.

bhall is putting an alternative (as have others) and they are perfectly entitled to do this without attracting abuse from other posters.

People should read this thread and make their own decisions as to whether they wish to act on the ideas presented or steer well clear. That is a matter for each individual.

Yes, Bankfodder is the top dog on CAG.

The idea of an open forum is that all can post relatively freely.

Just because your opinions do not match those of others is no reason to prevent people from posting their comments and analysis and questions.

This is a thread open to all.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks