EE Deposit - Not cash refund!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I took an iPhone 5 out on contract with EE in March, and was asked to pay a £100 deposit, as I had a low credit score - owing to the fact that I've changed address a few times. I paid this on the understanding that after 3 months of paying on time, I'd be refunded this as cash.

I've just received my 3rd bill, to which EE have credited the £100 deposit. This obviously leaves a negative balance, which EE say will be knocked off my next bill.... All well and good, but I was led to believe that this money (which I paid using a Credit Card) would be refunded back to me. I called them and they advised they can refund the negative balance if required, but this will take 25 working days!!!!

I find this absolutely shocking. I handed my money over in good faith, and they've gone back on what they said. Any ideas on how to approach this with regard to a complaint?

Sorry to hear this.

Recently had an issue with Orange / EE myself and got the issue swifyly resolved by sending an email to executive.office@orange.co.uk

Fixed the broken email

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar