Mortgage Interest Payments. JSA

PEED
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son is claiming JSA and has been advised he may be entitled to interest payments on his mortgage. At present I am keeping his head above water until such time his job prospects perk up.

I have advised him prior to this interest payment offer not to advise his mortgage company (Santander) of his unemployment as even though it's being paid and he's not in arrears that they may "black list" him.

If he takes up the offer of having the interest paid ( I will continue to pay the rest) is Santander likely to "flag" him up as a prospective bad debtor etc ?

I have read in the Press of Banks/Mortgage companies doing the "dirty" on people when they really ought to be helping. Not much change there then.

So do we leave sleeping dogs lie or get the help ?

Peter

He is obliged to inform the mortgage company of his change of employment status.

He may be entitled to receive help through his JSA claim for help with the interest, however please be very careful in helping him financially as if the JSA department realise that someone is helping to pay his mortgage it could be classed as an undisclosed income which could then reduce his entitlement to JSA and lead to an overpayment, unless he has already advised of your financial help.

Thank you for the reply. He has advised the JSA re-me paying his mortgage and it his on his file.

It was through this disclosure that the JSA sent a further "form" to fill in re-payment of interest.

The reason I was worried re-advising his mortgage company was he could get "black listed". Seeing the problems

that other people get with Banks etc, especially as he is with one of the "worst" customer related Banks (Santander)

I thought it best to leave advising them well alone.

I envisage bailiffs at his door dealing with Santander.

Regards