Debt revenue service offered me 40% discount as settlement then when i borrowed the money they decreased it to 20%?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im at my wits end with these people.

I have been paying 7 creditors off on a voluntary arrangement 6 of which seem to be content with the low amount im paying them.

2 1/2 weeks ago DRS contacted me on the phone offering me 40% discount off a £3046 debt in full and final settlement.

A week later they phoned me to see if i could raise the amount. I told them i could'nt raise it.

They said in that case we need to review your payments to ascertain whether i can pay more or less per month

so they sent me a form to fill in asking for ALL details including names, account numbers and amounts owing.

Also the amount im paying them per month.

All other income and outgoings inc proof ie statements , bank and credit cards. Im not happy giving them this info.

last friday i managed to raise the £1840 as a loan from my sister

i contacted them and told them i had borrowed the money.

I asked them to send me a letter confirming that it was full and final settlement which he agreed to do.

Monday a woman from their office phoned and said they had made a mistake and the bank they represent wouldnt accept the discounted offer because i own the house!!

(they have always known i own it!).

They would only accept a 20% discount.

I cant raise the extra and i wont even be able to raise the £1840 now as my sister did have the money saved to use for other things.

Whats my next move as i suspect there next move is going to be unpleasant?

never ever pay anything on a debt where you get a discount offered

CCA them,

and send an sar off to the original creditor

findout WHY they are offering a discount

i'm concerned to note you have lots of debts like this?

you need to CCA everyone you are paying

and if they don't return a valid CCA - stop paying them.

do all your debts SHOW on your CRA file?

list them please

cra file details are below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi. Thanks for your replies.

I was corresponding with thebrigadier? a few years ago when 1st credit via Connaught collections took me as far as the local Bankruptcy court. Which i avoided only by settling, costing me a further £500.

I have been in a voluntary arrangement with the following creditors/ Dca's for over 2 years. The details as follows

Lowell re Monument credit card. No ppi. Shows on my credit file. Amount = £3890 currently paying £20.00 a month

Lowell re Vodaphone. No ppi. Shows on my credit file. Amount = £427 currently paying £10.00

The following do not show on my credit file.

Debt Managers re Barclays overdraft. No ppi. Amount = £1822 currently paying £20.00 pm

Debt Revenue services re Banque PSA finance. No ppi. Amount = £3046 currently paying £20.00 pm but please refer to my original post

Link re Car Loan. Cant find original paperwork. No ppi. Amount = £7019 currently paying £35.00 pm

Please advise what i should do with this income and expenses form as im not happy filling it in .. Its far too invasive.

Link re Car Loan. Cant find original paperwork. No ppi. Amount = £7019 currently paying £35.00 pm

WHy are you paying this if they cant find the paperwork? No paperwork = no court action = no reason to pay.

First thing to do now is CCA everyone, apart from the phone debt as already advised in post #3

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

NO!! as advised In your oother debt thread since you've been on CAG

you are being CASH COWED

pers i'd STOP paying ANYONE anything.

get those CCA's off!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WHy are you paying this if they cant find the paperwork? No paperwork = no court action = no reason to pay.

Thanks again... I appreciate your comments though i do have to be careful.

Its me that cant find the paperwork. Its somewere in my filing system.. All these debts have been cca'd. All replied with a statement and details of debt.

Link and Debt Managers have bought the debt. The rest are representing a client..

you need to start a thread for EACH DEBT

in the named forum for the OC

then post up what you have gotten back as a CCA return.

we need to check the cca returns.

dx

and they

Agree with dx. Th the cca must comply with specific provisions. The dca will lie and mislead you into thinking the debt is valid.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D