Pay Methods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would think at a guess BACS

Bankers' Automated Clearing Services

Bacs Payment Schemes Limited

COMPANIES NOW USE THE FASTER PAYMENT SERVICE

I thought BACS was already history under the Payment Services Directive

Edited by squaddie

tell us about the debt please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk

BCW chasing and old debt! Normally I would send them a "prove it" letter: on this occasion the debt collector has been a little too clever/creative and I am going to take them on.

1: Statement of Account begins on the 13/07/2001 with a direct debit, I had been paying on this long before the 13/07/2001 by standing order - I've got the paper trail - going a hunting a crappy dca

2: Also, the idiots are acting as the data controller (the OC could not supply a NoA}.

3: Had a word with the Ombudsman, the subject matter is too old for them to investigate

4: The ICO is interested re: 4th principle of the DPA (BCW spreading my personal details like confetti)

I will let Caggers know the outcome

RI

Hi all

If I find that the Agreements which the debt collector relies upon are not compliant some years after receiving the SAR: what is my position?

The Agreements states the first instalment should be received on 13/07/2001, but I had been making payments prior to the 13/07/2001 are the Agreements compliant?

RI

Are you suggesting that the original agreement has been ''rewritten'' because of the change of payment method from SO to direct debt?

I ask because I have seen this happen a few times since the demise of BACS, although the term seems still to be used by some companies.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Brigadier

No, I am not suggesting that. If the pay method changed from B to D, the owner of the Account had been paying the account by pay method B. Therefore the Statement of Account must commence with payments which have been facilitated by pay method B, not with payments facilitated by pay method D.

The Statement of Account commences with pay method D, and all the payments made by payment B are not recorded on the Statement of Account. Hence, said Statement of Account has been falsified! The DCA will not tell me how many payments are missing from the Account, and they are refusing to talk to me - Bless them

Do you agree?

RI

Is this the ''original'' agreement you are quoting? Is this statement an annual statement that the DCA is required to send?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

A DCA will only supply a statement of payments made to them not any other party.

This is confusing a statement and an agreement are separate documents as the agreement precedes the need for a statement?

Which company is the statement/agreement from?

Brigadier

This issue refers to an HP Agreement which is aged. The Agreement is signed and when instalments get paid, a Statement of Account runs in tandem.

When BCW/Gothia commenced chasing me, I disputed and asked for a SAR

RI

When you SAR a DCA or a Debt Purchaser they can only supply data that has accrued since they acquired the debt as that is what a subject access request requires, only that ''personal'' data they hold NOT what any other party holds.

Brigadier

The OC and the debt collector reside at the same address. When a person disputes an HP Statement of Account, said person requires the full Statement in order to check the Account's integrity, and the DCA has to supply the Statement of Account - not part of it.

RI

Has this account actually been sold on, what shows on your credit reference files?

Brigadier,

You are now moving into a very sensitive area but, I will try to accommodate.. When I was first contacted by BCW/Gothia the DCA was just Gothia.

I received the basic hello want money letter, I got my credit file from Experian which was clear, I informed Gothia/BCW that it was clear. They did not bother, and continued to press for payments. Right! I have asked for all Notices of Assignment, and all I get is these debts have been assigned.

There is a person currently with Wonga who started His commercial life with the OC. he then went to Red Castle Recoveries and became the manager of Gothia. It is my contention, the man now at Wonga who worked for the OC took certain debts with him.

Does this make sense?

RI

Emmm, it would be difficult imo for someone

debt with them.

TO advise fully it would be easier if we new the history of the HP account and the name of the OC.

Hi Squaddie,

Red Castle Recoveries was taken over by Gothia in 2007 I think. I believe Red Castle Recoveries still remains under the auspices of Gothia. Recently, Gothia took over BCW.

RI