style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, sorry for the long story but here goes,

I had two bailiffs from marstons at my door this morning over a unpaid tv license fine from the courts. The fine is my girlfiends who came to the door also, they said they had a distress warrant and was coming to seize and take away good unless the fine was paid in full today.I told them they wasnt coming in and they said the distress warrant they had, gave them right to force entry, i asked to take a picture of the distress warrant as i didnt belive it was from the courts but they said no for data protection reasons.

My partner told them she didnt have the money to pay the fine £488 today, so they said the were coming in to seize goods, they came in with the children there saying do you want to take the kids some where as its not nice for them to see, my girlfriend who is heavily pregnant was askng about a payment plan and is their any other way to pay in installments, the bailffs said no the furnitures going today.

one of the bailiffs started writing down the goods when he finished, he then started taking the furniture (so far he took, shelves, hi-fi, mirrors) into the front garden and phoned for a removal van. while one was taking the furntiure out, i said to the other bailiff so theirs no other way to sort this as my girlfriend is on benefits and heavily pregnant, he said it doesnt matter if shes on benefits or pregnant were taking them. Just as he was telling me that the other bailiff walked in and clearly heard him, but he carried on taking things into the garden.

About 5 mins later after taking more things out he called my girlfriend outside and asked if she was pregnant (which is clear to see she is with the bump and i had already told one of them!) he then came back in and said why didnt you tell me she was pregnant i said i told your mate, and he said he is still taking the stuff and you walked in when he was saying it so you must of heard him. He said he didnt! then all of a sudden they said were not taking any goods now, He left the stuff in the front garden and (told ME to take it all back in), took his paperwork and went and got in hs van and drove off!!

So now im going to make a complaint how do i go about doing that? and who too? court, marstons ect?

the complaint is abouthow they left the furniture in the front garden (neighbours were walking past as this was going on!), They could clearly see my partner was heavily pregnant but carried on causing her stress!

They havent left any paperwork and i cant remember their names although i did video record them while at the front door telling me they can force entry with the distress warrent.

Any help greatly apprecitated.

Edited by Bronson13

As for the original fine, did your GF know about this originally? If so did she attend Court? wasa means test ever carried out? Has she moved since the offence was committed? Had she received a Further Steps Notice from the Court prior to the Bailiffs being involved?

I would suspect the call made for a "Removal" was probably made to the speaking clock, as they never had any intention of removing goods. Were you left a Notice of Seizure detailing the goods seized? If so can you list the items exactly as described?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anothert disgusting abuse of power by a Marstons muppet. Good advice from ploddertom, get those complaints in ASAP

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi, yes she got a letter from marstons asking for full payment and the only number on the letter was a payment one. No she wasnt left any paper work, i was with the bailiff as he wrote all the items down on paper but he took that with him. does the distress warrant give them the right to force entry as they was saying? as this is the reason my partner let them in so they didnt cause any damage. They was also saying they, were more senior bailiffs and they dont let anyone do payment plans they only come to take goods nothing else.

Hi, yes she got a letter from marstons asking for full payment and the only number on the letter was a payment one. No she wasnt left any paper work, i was with the bailiff as he wrote all the items down on paper but he took that with him. does the distress warrant give them the right to force entry as they was saying? as this is the reason my partner let them in so they didnt cause any damage. They was also saying they, were more senior bailiffs and they dont let anyone do payment plans they only come to take goods nothing else.

If he listed items on a walking posession, he should have left a copy of the list with you, but as before answer the questions from ploddertom, and advice can be targeted at the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Can I just ask a few questions:

Did your partner receive the initial summons from the court?

Did she respond to the summons or attend court?

Did she complete a Means Enquiry form?

When was the fine incurred and for how much?

Has she made any payments to the court or bailiff for this fine and if so...how much?

Did she receive a Further Steps Notice form the court?

You say that she received a letter from Marston Group. Do you know when she received this?

PS: Sorry to ask so many questions but they are necessary to form the basis of a reply.