style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone.

I had a £3000 loan with Barclays that I took out in December 1996.

I have the Barclayloan statement that says I also had Barclayloan Protection which cost £720.48 (15.01 per month x 48).

I think I was late with payments but no more than twice however they issued a CCJ against me in March 1998 for £3412.91 + Costs + Solicitors fees so a total of £3545.66.

This was dealt with on their behalf by Elizabeth Handforth Solicitors and I agreed to repay £68.00 per month and repayed the outstanding by April 2003 and have the confirmation letter.

My question is do I have a chance of a claim or is it too late?

Also would the fact that they took out a CCJ against me go against me?

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Gordon_Gekko

Hi

Well i think I may have been a bit naive when I took the loan out as this was my first type of credit I had and may have been told that I need to take this out to get the loan , I am not sure how I could prove that it was mis-sold it though.

Also they got a CCJ against me to repay my debt which included the PPI when this would not have been any use to me surely after they took me to court.

Thanks

First thing is to be assertive about the reasons for the mis-sale. It would be unwise to put in a claim for mis-selling stating that "I may have been told it was compulsory"

Other factors to consider....was it discussed with you? Did they tell you it would be added to the loan and hence interest charged on it? Did your job give you good sickness and redundancy? Were you self employed?

If you are going to claim a mis-sell then you will have to be giving them reasons.

Have a look in the PPI stickies...there is a thread there with a title that includes "some notes for claimants". Have a read as there are many reasons outlined in there as to why PPI could have been mis-sold.

The questionnaire you will eventually have to complete will ask you for the reasons why you believe you were mis-sold.

I don't think anyone can tell you exactly why you were mis-sold but there are some valid ones mentioned above, for example the true cost was not explained. There may well be some others you can use of you read the "Notes for Claimants" thread.

as the ccj is spent it plays no part.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...