Ryanair credit card - direct debit

boloney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have Ryanair credit card which is run by Santander.

I was £1422 in debt, as I was thinking that I could`t pay all of it that month (Had direct debit set-up for full amount) so I asked them via message services to change it.

my message to them 26/03/13:

"Dear Sir/Madam

As I maybe unable to pay off my balance in full this month could you please change my direct debit payments to minimum for now?

Kind regards"

Response on 28/03/13:

"Thank you for your recent email to Ryanair Card Services.

I can confirm that your Direct Debit has been changed for minimum payment each month and will claim its next payment on and around 06/04/2013 for minimum payment.

Kind regards"

Was sure that it was changed and on 06/04/13 I will be charged minimum, so it will be not much.

At the beginning of April I decided to pay it in full manually, paid it off on 02/04 (on my credit card statement is booked on 04/04), was thinking even if the payment don`t reach them before they decide to take Direct debit they will only take so much to cover minimum. But on 03/04 they decided to take £1402 from my account which was rejected by my bank because there was no enough funds in my account, I was about £600 short after making full payment day before.

Today I got letter through from Barclays that they will charge me £8 for the transaction they rejected.

Where do I stand to requesting those money from Santander? they failed to change my DD from full payment to minimum payment, they adviced me that on 06/04 they will take only minimum payment by DD.

Thanks for advice

complained to Santander and they will cover £8.00

part of the response "Please note that a credit of £8.00 has been applied on your account to cover the returned Direct Debit charges applied by your bank and it will reflect on your next statement."

hope it will help someone in future.