DCA Help Needed PLEASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have credit card debt of 7k it is 4 years since i dealt with the bank. Card was obtained in 2004/2005 via a from from news paper.

I had letters from DCA before which i ignored , all went quite for a long time untill last week i again received a letter from DCA saying details of account have been passed to them and they would be intouch with payment options.

I have never had contact with any of the DCA firms.

DO i continue to ignore them and hope another 2 years pass ? or ask them for a CCA and SAR.

Currently letters are going to parents house if i emailed them MY address or asked for CCA/SAR would that effect statute barred i.e would the 6 year clock start over.

I am in ireland if thats any relevence .

Any help really appreciated

Yep. Ignore until something of substance comes through. Not letters that say "if, might, could, may" etc

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Something of note being court summons ?

Is it too ;ate then to ask for CCA/SAR am i right in thinking if card signed for pre 2007 then CCA must be the origional signed one ?

My one fear is that they call to parents house as i dont want to upset them with this

Can you post up one of the letters theyve sent?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You can use a smartphone, or type it up if you want.

The key to knowing whether to ignore it is how it is worded. If they have used certain words then it can be ignored.

my name

my address

our ref no xxxx

dear me

xxxcard services

acc ref no xxxx

debt outstanding 7k

Your account details have been passed to us by xxx card services to act as a collection agent and we will now be dealing with your account.

We offer a flexible approach to repaying your acc and have different options that suit a wide range of individual circumstances. YOU MAY HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND A SUITABLE REPAYMENT PLAN ON THIS ACCOUNT PREVIOUSLY {sorry caps} and we believe we can help you repay the account.

If you are experiencing financial difficulty our staff are fully trained to assist you with your current situation and have a range of options to help.

We shall be in contact with you during the next 7 days by letter and or phone in order to discuss your repayment options in detail.

In the meantime if you want to contact us you can telephone xxxx visit our website xxxxxxx or you may make use of one of the below payment options

your bla de bla de ble

What im most curious about is weather or not me emailing them my correct address with no mention of said debt would adversely effect statute barred i.e would it be assumed as accepting the debt by not objecting to it in my first contact ? can anyone shed some light on this for me please

Also can a CCA and SAR be requested at the same time or is there a certain order to follow.

I can't find anything about this group apart from the fact that they only operate in Ireland, but the letter isn't threatening any kind of immediate action, so personally I'd probably ignore it for now.

You aren't admitting anything by requesting the CCA/SAR, but you may want to hold back until you next hear from them. If they get difficult or threatening you can then request the CCA/SAR. Get as close as you can to the six year statute barred date. The longer you ignore the letters the more time is passing. The clock doesn't restart unless you acknowledge the debt in writing or do so by making a payment on the account.

lets assume in a years time i have to ask for CCA and they supply one am i then more or less screwed , or could i still try and wait it out after the CCA provided court didnt happen before 6 years are up , or does proceedings just have to be started before the 6 years are up

Proceedings would have to be started before the six years are up. However, if the previous DCA didn't try and start proceedings it may indicate they didn't have the credit agreement in the first place. Which bank was it? Some do produce agreements but it's clear from loads of threads here that some agreements are very unlikely ever to be produced. It really does depend on the bank.

I only skimmed through the last few posts but apparently he did, and then the thread stopped abruptly. Some judges do side with banks, even though they should not be doing so. It's very important if anyone is taken to court that they know how to defend themselves properly and can quote chapter and verse at the judge. Debt collectors go for summary judgments when they know they do not have the necessary paperwork because some judges will let them get away with that, and it saves them having to come up with proof. However, many people on this forum have successfully defended summary judgments.