Advise Please DEBT Collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Sorry not sure exactly where to post this

I currently have outstanding credit card debt 7k, buried my head in the sand long story short , it is 4.5 years since i acknowledged the debt with the bank.

Said debt was passed to DCA who i think have now passes it to another DCA.

Problem here is letters are coming to parents address, which i dont want.

I have never had and recourse with any of the DCA , my question : if i write to dca and tell them send any further letters to my current address , would that effect the time already passed towards statute barred { last time i wrote to bank regarding debt} .

Also would the bank still have this letter almost 5 years later do you think ?

The letters which have reappeared after a fairly lenghty quite spell are not really threatening and with 2 years to go to statute barred i dont really want to awaken the sleeping beast so to speak.

What would my best course of action bei

Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer

IMO for the time being, have your parents put the mail back in the post marked "RTS Not Known at this address"

Who was the credit card with?

How did you open the account?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry for slow reply.

Card was with AIB , if i remember rightly i applied using a coupon from a magazine.

See i really dont want to involve my parents , i dont want them worrying about it , or giving me grief lol

OK it's pretty simple. If letters arrive for you at your mam and dads then will they hold them for you?

You can then either put them back in the post marked "RTS Not known at this address" OR you can hit them head on and give them your address?

What year did you apply for this card? I'm guessing it will be post 2007 yes?

Don't forget, there is likely to be charges added to this account which you will be able to reclaim, and lessen the total amount outstanding.

Either way, unless you secured this card on your property, then it is a non-priority debt and as such attracts the legal token payment of £1 (euro) a month.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!