Can they do this or are they holding us to ransom?

Rightinit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have had an eviction date given as we were late paying our monthly payment. It was late due to it being due on the 8th and we don't get paid until the 15th.

This is the second time this has happened and the company have forced us to pay the next month installment before they would stop the eviction. This is Blemain finance by the way.

Now I have just had a long conversation with one of their advisers, which may I add didn't have a clue to be honest and I am not holding out much faith in what he has told me. This morning we were £49.97 in credit and the next payment off the secured loan is due 8th which is also the date of the eviction. They told me unless we paid the difference before the morning of the 8th, they would not stop the eviction.

It has now been paid as a member of our family has loaned us the money until the 15th.

Can they do this or are they telling me lies. If it is a case of the latter can some kind person give us some advice on how to complain about them.

Of course they can do it - they have the permission of the court (who do you think executed the order to allow the bailiffs to serve a notice of eviction on you?). They can do it because you are failing to keep to the court order.

You should perhaps make an application to the courts to stay the eviction (form N244) and ask the court if they can adjust the payment date (though you could have just as easily asked Blemain to do this as MCOB suggests if that would assist a mortgagor, then the mortgagee should consider it).

We asked while in court years ago about chaging the date to the 15th, the judge had no problem with our request. But blemain said they couldnt do it as that is the date set on our original contract.

The eviction has been stopped and we have set up a standing order so they get paid weekly from now on.

I just wondered if they could refuse to stop the warrent even though they have had more than they said was due to stop it before they knew the eviction date landed on the next due date. But as soon as they got the date through they said to pay what is due on 8/4/13 before they would stop it.

Sounds to me blemain are using bullyboy tackticks, If the loan is regulated they have a duty to help you and guidlines they should follow when in arears, if it is not regulated they make their own rules up. The problem is, even if you are paying just one day late they will rack up arrears charges and added interest charges for letters etc

Hi

This doesn't sound too good! Blemain should be able to amend the payment date. I'd put the request to them in writing and await the outcome, but as the payments are made by court order - this really has to be your priority.

Send your request to their email collections@blemaingroup.co.uk and mark it for the attention of Steve Allott Customer Support Manager. There is another thread on here and it looked fairly positive when this was done.

You could also request the court amend the date but I think this would add further costs - but I'm not too sure about the process for that.

CO

Rightnit, in my opinion its no good being soft with these guys, they will walk all over you. Being reasonable is not in their handbook. I would send them a letter along these lines, tell them what you want them to do, make it clear and precise tell them it is needed to prevent further arrears. tell them their past reluctance to help you in this matter has been duly noted, tell them if you are not prepaired to work with me in this please put it in writing, finish of the letter by saying I now put you on notice that your past reluctance to resolve the date change is unacceptable and you now have my written permission to make the date change to xx each month.

just my opinion from my own experience i am not legally trained