Lowell Statutory Demand Case Adjourned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I've said before I don't know much about bankruptcy - can I ask a question where the alleged debt is relatively small, as here, ln in view of the costs of bankruptcy proceedings is it likely that Lowell will actually bring them? Do we know if Lowell actually follow up their SD with bankruptcy petitions?

Whilst I'd agree that you should try to set aside the latest SD - I don't know if you need to panic if you're not successful - as I understand it the SD lasts for 12 months - they're 3 months in already...

yes, they do follow up with these.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere, they are making at least 60 people bankrupt every week. I am not sure of the figures. Lowell are strange creatures they actually sent in a solicitor to concede a set aside application. I n the morning my wife received a further statement from BW Legal meant to used in today's hearing through the post. The solicitor was hammered by by the judge, basically she felt short of calling her incompetent.

I wish that Judges could report on these to the OFT as well !

I would hope that everyone who is successful with getting their SD's set aside makes a complaint to the OFT.. and even those who aren't !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Further to our earlier communication - as 42man has said, make the out of time application - point out that at no time had this been provided to you personally until it was received in a bundle that had been prepared for the court.

How sneaky was that ?

BCOBS

Thank you. I made an out of time application to set aside about 3 weeks ago. I am waiting to see what the court says. I menioned in the witness statement that it was an abuse of process to re-issue an SD with debts already dealt with in an earlier SD hearing. I also treated it as if it was a fresh SD and argued the points I argued in the first SD. I am going for costs but shall I apply now or wait after the court has accepted my out of time application. I am thinking the court might decide this one without a hearing.Yesterday I also received a letter giving me optuions to pay the money. Option one is a 25% discount the other option is to pay 25% and then rest in instalmentsI have written to them and pointed out that an application to set aside the SD is with court. My wife thinks I should not pay them a penny because of their sneaky attitude.

They will continue to make these offers despite there being an Application to SA in place !

I am not absolutely sure about when to submit an application for costs. I will check that one out for you.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...
Lowell conceded again.

Conceded in what way ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That is very good news :)

Do you have this in writing ?

BCOBS

:thumb:

When you get the Notice - submit another complaint to the OFT !

BCOBS