style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, sadly i am looking at entering a DRO.

I have sought advice from CAB and CCS, but have had conflicting info re creditor payments

I lost my job due to ill health about 18 months ago and defaulted on my debts that were not DD and let the DD ones be paid - both have said this isnt an issue as its making payments above and beyond that matter

11 months ago i was lucky enough to be offered another job and i felt like i was back on track. My debts were still high but i had hope i could manage them.

I had an accident and my car was wrote off so now use my dads car (he had a stroke and cannot drive) I pay insurance, fuel, MOT and service costs but its still his car on the understanding when (if) he can drive again i give it back. Car is worth 2k but its not mine so doesnt come into it. if he isnt given the ok to drive I will either purchase it from him or return it. He wont know for 12-15 months if he can drive so i can use it for at least the next year.

My sticking point is my Mum recently offered to , and did, pay 2 of my cc's off for me (3k. These were the only debts she thought i had) CAB states its pref treatment of creditors but CCCS state its my mums money and she can do with it as she sees fit. As i haven't paid it myself it isnt in any way preferential treatment of creditors. The money was paid from my mums card not mine so i can prove it wasnt my money

Opinions please? My debt currently stands at 14k so i need to move quite quickly as anymore charges etc could tip it over the 15k mark

Hello there.

So long as the money was your mothers and went directly to the creditors then the CCCS are correct and the CAB are wrong. It can only be regarded as a preferential payment if it was your money when making the payment.

Hope this makes sense!

Seq.