1st Credit- Sending letters to parents house for 2 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone can help please.

For the last two years 1st credit have been sending letter addressed to me to my parents house.

I have the same initials as my father, so they just open the mail not reading "Miss" (I do not mind).

Today they got a letter saying 1st Credit had noticed my circumstances have changed (not noticed I moved out 6 years ago!)

I have not lived at my parents for over 6 years. My mum has written to them on numerous occasions saying that I do not live the and to stop writing to their property but it falls on deaf ears.

I am having some issues with Sigma and a questionable claim so I checked my credit score today and there is mention of Sigma but no mention of 1st credit at all.

Is there any legal letter my mother can send to stop them writing to her property?

Both my parents are quite sick and they are now worried about bailiffs coming round/ safety of their house etc.

Hope someone can advise.

Thank you

Probably best for Mum to just write back and advise that due to the circumstances of (DCA) not addressing their letters properly, they are being opened by someone with a similar name. The address to which the letters are being sent is incorrect. If they dont amend their records and fast - then Mum will be making an official complaint to the OFT and Information Commissioner.

Mum should head the letter .. OFFICIAL COMPLAINT.. and send it to the DCA's registered/head office.

HTH :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Phishing letter. Tell your parents to simply mark it return to sender. Addressee not known at this address. if the idiots still insist on sending mail, tell your parents to send them a stern letter stating that you do not reside there and havent for a period of 6 years.

It may be worth your while sending the Statute Barred Letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Phishing letter. Tell your parents to simply mark it return to sender. Addressee not known at this address. if the idiots still insist on sending mail, tell your parents to send them a stern letter stating that you do not reside there and havent for a period of 6 years.

It may be worth your while sending the Statute Barred Letter.

Thing is I have no idea what it is for as my credit record says nothing about 1st credit.

Thing is I have no idea what it is for as my credit record says nothing about 1st credit.

Is there any record for a debt of a similar value ? 1st Credit generally deal with debts from Halifax - RBS.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is there any record for a debt of a similar value ? 1st Credit generally deal with debts from Halifax - RBS.

Not seen a letter for a while but I have had no dealings with those companies at all.

Apart from Sigma I did notice a default for a provident credit card, which I have never possessed. Could it be something to do with that?

I guess it could be. Until they write to you, then you arent going to know.. if you havent made any payments toward the debt for more than 6 years, then it is almost certainly statute barred.

BCOBS

I guess it could be. Until they write to you, then you arent going to know.. if you havent made any payments toward the debt for more than 6 years, then it is almost certainly statute barred.

The thing is as a homeowner I thought I would be easily traceable... Sigma managed!

I just want them to stop writing to my folks to be honest as it is really worrying my mum.

I will make sure mum follows your earlier advice :)

Yes, I can understand the concern for your Mum - if you want to draft a letter and pop it up, we can make sure it ticks all the right boxes.

I agree, if you are a home owner and on the electoral roll, then you should be easy to find.

BCOBS

Are you in possession of this letter MM that your mum opened today ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Your dad should check his credit file to see if they have done a search. If they have you can he can have some fun with them & cause them some grief in the process. ;)

If he was not so sick I might be inclined to do so. As it is I just want them to stop sending the letters as it is worrying them. They are very old school and have visions of big burly men coming to the house and letters blacklisting their house and threats of court.

It is the fact they have ignored my parents that annoys me.

It is easy to find where I live by my credit file/ land registry etc.

Just what the hell are they playing at?:mad2:

Hi MM

Ok get hold of the letter and and any others and store to your file.If they have been hounding for 2 years seems unlikely that they are ready to instigate any litigation.Once you have the letter(s) check what they are in fact referring to..the amount and any info with regards to assignment and from who the OC was.

Advice your Parents to simply store any further and pass them on to you...reassure them that they are not at any risk of any attempted recovery.

Once you have the details the debt will be either yours or not...once you have this information we can take it from there.

Advise your parents not to talk to anyone on the phone or to write,,,dont get in to ping pong with them.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Right parents have had one more offering lower payments

They have had another since (this month) saying they had checked my credit report and believe I am in a position to pay (if they have checked my credit report... they would know where I lived???). I have checked my report and searches back to March and 1st credit do not show.

I too have checked my credit report for the supposed account. They claim it is a CitiFinancial account for £667. There is nothing on my credit report for CitiFinancial (or 1st credit), or anything anywhere near the £667 figure.

I am just going to assume that there is no debt or that this is statute barred (with it not showing)and ignore it?

I had a loan with CitiFinancial in 1999.. but that was paid off in full.

Thank you.

Edited by marshmallows

As there is no marker on your credit report to show that they have looked at it then they are cleearly looking at the wrong persons records. They are in breach of DP legislation by not ensuring they are chasing the right person so you can raise that with them if you want to stick your head above the parapet a bit more.

Right parents have had one more offering lower payments

They have had another since (this month) saying they had checked my credit report and believe I am in a position to pay (if they have checked my credit report... they would know where I lived???). I have checked my report and searches back to March and 1st credit do not show.

I too have checked my credit report for the supposed account. They claim it is a CitiFinancial account for £667. There is nothing on my credit report for CitiFinancial (or 1st credit), or anything anywhere near the £667 figure.

I am just going to assume that there is no debt or that this is statute barred (with it not showing)and ignore it?

I had a loan with CitiFinancial in 1999.. but that was paid off in full.

Thank you.

This needs to be dealt with as collectors share data with credit reference agencies and your parents address will be listed as you last known address. Even if you have got a copy of your report you so t have seen what creditors get to see its totally different. And you need to see all three reports they do t all use Experian. Write to the creditor/collector from your parents to say wrong address you dont live there. Take copies of all letters sent for the debt collection but return all originals. They have to amend records both theirs, the original creditor and the ref agencies.

Then write to all ref agencies - not asking for the report but specific questions as to who has searched your records in last 12 months - they have to tell you.

Then write to Citi asking for a completion statement for the debt you paid. Send a copy to all credit ref agencies to amend the record. If they don't stop trying to collect call the FOS.

As there is no marker on your credit report to show that they have looked at it then they are cleearly looking at the wrong persons records. They are in breach of DP legislation by not ensuring they are chasing the right person so you can raise that with them if you want to stick your head above the parapet a bit more.

Would they not pick up on that seems as the address on the other persons report would be different? Mind you it is a DCA... so probably not.

It does concern me they keep pestering me at the wrong address for a debt that is not showing on my credit report.

Out of interest if the debt was mine would it show on my credit report if any payments had been made in the last 6 years, even if the default date was over 6 years ago?

Then write to Citi asking for a completion statement for the debt you paid. Send a copy to all credit ref agencies to amend the record. If they don't stop trying to collect call the FOS.

Well this is the thing. The debt I paid to Citi was for 6 grand. So this £667 has baffled me.

My parents have written and sent the letters back dozens of times but they are not listening.

I have other creditors, who all are managing to write to the correct address.

Who are the other two CRAs please?

This needs to be dealt with as collectors share data with credit reference agencies and your parents address will be listed as you last known address. Even if you have got a copy of your report you so t have seen what creditors get to see its totally different. And you need to see all three reports they do t all use Experian. Write to the creditor/collector from your parents to say wrong address you dont live there. Take copies of all letters sent for the debt collection but return all originals. They have to amend records both theirs, the original creditor and the ref agencies.

Then write to all ref agencies - not asking for the report but specific questions as to who has searched your records in last 12 months - they have to tell you.

CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES CANNOT AMEND OR REMOVE DATA FROM FILES WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE COMPANY THAT PLACED THE DATA therefore complaints go to the DATA CONTROLLER OF THE CREDITOR/DCA.

As a user of CRAs from #both sides'' the data on CRA files is merely in a different format

when viewed by others but content is no different.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As a user of CRAs from #both sides'' the data on CRA files is merely in a different format

when viewed by others but content is no different.

So basically they are telling porkies? They have not done a search? I have checked 12 months back now on experian and nothing.

Probably only viewed ID confirmation (unrecorded searches) which don't stay on file for long,

I find Private eyes contributions very misleading.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Probably only viewed ID confirmation (unrecorded searches) which don't stay on file for long,

Thanks.

I realise they will probably not start litigation as there is no account on my credit record and they have been sending these letters over 2 years now! I just wish they would stop sending them to my parents.

You got to hand it to them they are persistent!

Have your parents mark these letters as

"Return to sender"

"You have been repeatedly advised this person does not live at this address"

and return unopened.

BCOBS