Halifax SAR MBNA SAR Prelim letter to GE Money plus couple others fingers crossed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Halifax SAR sent this morning for a mortgage I had between June 01 to April 08 let's see what crops up.

Also send a SAR to MBNA for credit card.

A prelim letter to GE Money for a secured loan/mortgage.

Also letter to Fos who are dealing with a welcome finance loan.

And final requested documents to Deloitte via FSCS for a Secured loan with Freedom Finance.

Fingers crossed will keep everyone posted.

Dave

Sounds like you have been very busy indeed !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sounds like you have been very busy indeed !

TBH I was a bit rubbish with my finances when I was younger which ultimately resulted in my home being repocessed. It did give me a kick up the backside luckily the repo of my house paid all my debts off but if all of this could have been avoided I'd like some sort of retribution in the terms of reclaim charges that put me in the position in the first place.

Dave

Well do please let us know how you get on and shout if you need any help :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Got phone call this morning from Deloittes to tell me they are happy with all the documents I have sent them and they are just waiting correspondence from GE money and the insurer Signa basically to provide the same information I provided. She said they normally give them a month to reply but hopefully that is one of my claims sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply to my SAR Request from HBOS I only went and forgot to sign the letter Doh lol. Letter resent with signature this time.

Also the check I sent to MBNA has been cashed so hopefully will receive something from them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter from FSCS today rejecting my claim stating as it was before jan 14 2005 they can't proceed even though the loan started on 27th jan 2005 and I only signed the loan agreement with PPI already added to it the day I received it which was 16th jan 2005.

• 2 weeks later...

Update Still waiting for a Response from GE Money not holding my breath.

Been Advised to go after the underwriter for the claim against Freedom Finance which has already been rejected by FSCS.

Received SAR From MBNA but no statements just transaction history going with PPI claim as Penalty charges are probably to old so not sure to even try.

Still waiting for Halifax SAR.

Dave, with the Freedom Finance FSCS case, I would go back to the FSCS and request they review the decision - whilst I am not expert on the scheme I have had some dealings with it, my understanding is that it covers business conducted on or after 14 Jan 2005 - as the agreement is signed after that date I believe that it falls within jurisdiction. - i.e the business is conducted on 16 Jan2005. Lenders / FOS would use the policy start date as the date of sale because it is defined whereas advice dates are less certain e.g if you have a meeting on 4th Jan but ask a question and receive an answer on 10th Jan you could argue either date as the date of advice. - which is why the agreement date is commonly used.

You may have spoken to Freedom Finance on 16 Jan 2005, just before signing, for further advice - if this was the case it would be interesting to see how your claim wouldnt be covered.

Based on my limited dealings with FSCS there is every chance a different person looking at your claim would reach a different decision on jurisdiction

Dave, with the Freedom Finance FSCS case, I would go back to the FSCS and request they review the decision - whilst I am not expert on the scheme I have had some dealings with it, my understanding is that it covers business conducted on or after 14 Jan 2005 - as the agreement is signed after that date I believe that it falls within jurisdiction. - i.e the business is conducted on 16 Jan2005. Lenders / FOS would use the policy start date as the date of sale because it is defined whereas advice dates are less certain e.g if you have a meeting on 4th Jan but ask a question and receive an answer on 10th Jan you could argue either date as the date of advice. - which is why the agreement date is commonly used.

You may have spoken to Freedom Finance on 16 Jan 2005, just before signing, for further advice - if this was the case it would be interesting to see how your claim wouldnt be covered.

Based on my limited dealings with FSCS there is every chance a different person looking at your claim would reach a different decision on jurisdiction

Tried speaking to someone at FSCS Today just fobbed me off

I said what you suggested basically saying that the last advice i took reference the PPI was on the 16th jan 2005 which i then signed the application. As i was desperate for the money i signed as they told me i need the ppi for the loan.

Dave, please find below suggested text for a written response to FSCS - it willbe interesting to see what reason they give for it still being out of jurisdiction although hopefully they will agree that the product cant be mis-sold until the sale actually takes place and this was definitely the 16th (which was a Sunday - however n those days the loan brokers were making so much money they were open 7 days a week. If any more experienced members have suggested amendments or additions then please feel free to change as appopriate

Your Ref : FFREF xxxx

Dear Sirs,

Iwrite further to your letter of (Insert letter date) in respect of my loan withGE Money which was sold to me by the broker Freedom Finance. It is my understanding from your website thatFreedom Finance was declared in default on 26th July 2011 and thatall claims against this organisation regarding business conducted on or after14 January 2005 should be submitted to yourselves.

As noted in my previous correspondence my complaintrelates to the mis-sale of Payment Protection Insurance. A number of conversations took place inJanuary 2005 regarding my loan and in particular the assertion of thesalesperson that insurance within the loan was compulsory. The last of these conversations is believedto have taken place just before I finally signed the agreement. The agreement confirms that it was signedon 16th January 2005, this is the date upon which the sale was made.

I note your suggestion that the sale was made prior to 14thJanuary 2005, however on 14 January when ICOB was introduced there had been nosale and therefore no mis-sale. The sale took place on or after after 14January 2005 and consequently and demonstrably falls within the jurisdiction ofthe FSCS for review.

I therefore urgently request that your decision regardingjurisdiction is reviewed in light of the above and look forward to your confirmationthat this case will be reviewed.

Should you be unwilling to do so I would ask that you clarifyin writing what you believe the date of sale of the product to be and yourrationale for using a date other than that upon which the final advice wasgiven and the Credit Agreement signed in order that I may seek further advice

Yours faithfully

Dave

UPDATE

GE Money sent prelim letter for charges no reply sent LBA no reply so far not counting my chickens.

MBNA received SAR sent off prelim letters for PPI and penalty charges spreadsheet say the claims where 20k and 40k respectively not sure if correct but sent anyway.

Sent of letter to FSCS to review the rejection for freedom finance loan thanks to andybars help hope for the best.

In process of sending SARs to HSBC,BLACKHORSE,BARCLAYCARD for a MORGAN STANLEY CC and HFC.

Still awaiting HALIFAX SAR Reply.

I do so hope that you don't get all those SAR requests turn up on the same day !! :lol:

BCOBS

Got a response to the letter I sent to FSCS asking them to reconsider rejecting my claim. It's only to say they are re investigating my complaint but its a start.

Cheers for the idea and letter suggestion from andybars.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATEReceived SAR from Halifax for the mortgage i had only 3 weeks late but nevermind loads to go through.Letter back from MBNA rejecting Penalty Charges so will send LBA later.Letter form GE Money point blank Refusing to pay any penalty charges stating they are all fair.MBNA PPI still under investigation response by 8th July.Letter from Barclaycard saying there was no check with the SAR request Load of Rubbish.Blackhorse Claiming they cant find any info on me even though i have car finance with them still absolute joke.Letter from HFC asking me to send some sort of identifacation.

Does HSBC's wording have something along the lines of - "we are rejecting your complaint but due to the amount of premiums paid as a goodwill gesture we will refund the premiums paid" - this is a tactic they often try with smaller claims in the hope you will accept it. You will need to go to FOS / court to get the correct figure refunded. HSBC will usually make a correct offer on these when FOS ask for their casefile (but will still be months to get to this stage rather than weeks). With the MBNA one, they are one of the few lenders who will send out their full calculations on request - I would ask for a copy and see where your spreadsheet and theirs differ as a starting point.