New circumstances

nicki02
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was after a bit of advise, my daughters boyfriend currently pays for his son who was born in 2012, but now my daughter has become pregnant and will eventually start to live with her boyfriend. Now can his ex claim more money from him if my daughter starts living with him or does his payments reduce due to my daughter been pregnant. Also would any benefits that my daughter would get go towards his ex's payments.

Sorry it took a while for you to get an answer to this thread.

Anyhow, if your daughter and her BF move in together, that would normally reduce the amount he pays in maintenance towards his child from the previous relationship. This would only be effective from the date your daughter's baby is actually born - the fact that she is pregnant won't make a difference.

Benefits paid to your daughter in her own name won't be considered when working out maintenance to his ex, but if they had to claim something like JSA as a joint claim then he may be considered for a £5 per week liability.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The CSA won't take your daughters money into consideration. Any joint claims would need to be declared to the CSA tho as its income for him too. From the date your daughter claims Child Benefit for their baby his payments will reduce slightly