chase solutions help please.

danielle86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

evening all,

right i've been a very stupid girl as i have buried my head in the sand regarding paying my water bill.

I have tried setting up payment plans in the past with united utilities and they have always demanded payments that i could not afford and i have been bullied into agreeing to them, and i have made a few payments then struggled to pay so i eventually gave up and thought if i stopped paying then it would just go away. (stupid i know).

So a few days ago i recieved a letter from chase solutions demanding payment for £1245.86 then 2 days later i recieved a letter from united utilities telling me that my water bill has been produced and the new total is £1755.76. today i have come home and found a hand delivered letter on my door mat from chase solutions stating that a field agent called to collect balance in full, it states the mans name, agent id and his telephone number.

which one do i contact to pay, and as its classed as a priority debt, how can i get them to accept an amount that i can afford? im going to send a letter to chase revoking the right to contact me in anything other that writing, but i really need some advice before im bullied into paying more than i can afford again.

Many thanks,

Danielle.x

Is this waste water?

You really really need to start their (UU) complaints procedure http://www.unitedutilities.com/documents/Our_complaints_procedure_booklet_2012_v12.pdf in WRITING!

As for Chase solutions, they are really Robinson Way, and as robbersway are very well known on here, they have absolutely NO LEGAL rights to do a single thing, so print off the doorstep letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT and if the unqualified random stranger turns up again hand it to them, and if they can't read it tell them to ask an adult, then shut the door. This has nothing to do with them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

water is NOT a priority bill

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

correct.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

right, well the majority of this bill is what i have owed previously and not paid, and there is £500.90 been added for april 2013 to march 2014, £235.54 for water and £265.36 for wastewater.

Thanks,

Danielle.x

Then set up a standing order with the "WATER" company, NOT the DCA, to pay an amount you can comfortably afford to pay. Or at the very least arrange a payment agreement with them, again YOU dictate to them what you can afford to pay, do this in writing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

evening all,

I have wrote to UU asking them to take an offer on a pro - rata basis of £5 per week off this years bill and arrears as they have rolled it into one. They have wrote to me saying that they can't accept this amount as i'd still be building up arrears, so they want £14.63 per week payment. I had explained this was on a 3 month basis where hopefully i'll be in a posistion to increase weekly payments but they don't want to know.

What do i do now, and ideas?

Many thanks,

Danielle.x

do it

use your internet banking portal.

you don't 'have' to have their permission.

dx

and they

Yes just pay what YOU have offered, you can't be any fairer than that, they simply cannot have what you haven't got.

You can if you like, but I would set up the SO first, then tell them that you have done so and are only going to pay what you have offered whether they agree to it or not. There is nothing they can do.