style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I wonder if anybody can please advise me.

Last year my husband took out a purchase lease hire financial agreement from Volkswagon commercial vehicles for a van for work. The van was from Lo cost vans.

Its the type of agreement that you pay monthly to lease and then at the end there is a balloon payment that you owe them.

Anyway, the van kept breaking down and he had to miss work for numerous days at a time. After a lot of arguing with Lo cost vans, they agreed to change the van. The original van was also a bit small for my husbands work needs, so he asked them for a bigger one that wasn't much more to pay each month. They agreed and it was all set up. (My husband admits he was a bit stupid and naive but its done now)

The van arrived and the payments were quite a lot higher and we have been struggling. He phoned lo cost vans and they said the best thing to do was to get a settlement fee and sell the van to pay the finance.

So he got the settlement and it is £22,000!!!! The van is only worth between £13,000 and £15,000

Again he spoke to Lo cost Vans and they said they had added a shortfall from the first van and he should deal with Volkswagon commercial in future.

He's spoke to Volkswagon Commercial vehicles and asked if they will reduce the payments and take it over 6 years instead of 4. They have said no, he must pay the amount asked over 4 years and if he doesn't they will repossess. If they repossess, he can't work and won't get credit again but if he pays it, he's just working to pay the finance, diesel and insurance.

Is there anybody with any suggestions please.