urbantiger v Abbey charges reclaim

urbantiger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, this is my first post although I've been reading loads of the threads and advice.

I am just starting out with my first refund request of several. I have just sent a letter to Abbey requesting all the details of default charges on my account over the last 6 years, I have statements for only the last year, which I am about to total up with interest but looks like a good £300.

I will be doing the same for Capital One, Egg and Barclaycard in the next short while. Do you suggest only doing one at a time or should I start off doing all of them at once.

I was also thinking of doing the Alternative method with Abbey of only waiting 15 days before putting in my Prelim letter, any advice on whether I should or not?

Oh and really nice to be here! :)

How many you start is entirely up to you. I have chosen to do mine one at a time because I find it easier to focus that way. There are also the court costs to consider. If you have 4 to chase can you afford to pay 4 lots of court fees at once (I know you'll get them back but if it's going to upset your cash flow it might be worth your while doing one first, then with the funds from that do the rest).

Abbey:

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - 14/10/06

Fiche Rec'd: 16/11/06

Prelim Appr: 4/12/06

LBA: 4/1/07

MCOL: 26/1/07

A&L

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - 14/10/06

Stmt Rec'd: 22/11/06

Holding action pending Abbey outcome

Hi Urbantiger,

Love the name and agree with ijoseph. I did contact my creditcards shortly after starting my claim against abbey, two letters to one creditcard got a refund of £750, but the other drew a blank. The abbey claim is the main one of £8k, which is dragging on. Below £1k they seem to pay up quickly, but above that and beyond they drag out as long as possible. You could put in the ground work first to all your creditors with regards statements and LBA's, then concentrate on the big ones first and deal with the smaller claims at a later date. I started my letters to abbey at the begining of June 2006, so it can be a long haul.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Thanks for your replies.

I was thinking the same about them all not keeping in step, espeically as Abbey appear from what everyone here has said use lots of delaying tactics.

What do people think about using the Alternative Approach for Abbey

[http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/18505-abbey-draft-alternative-approach.html]

Is this still necessary now that the microfich argument has been ruled on? Or are abbey still delaying, I read in one thread that they are only sending out the last 18mnths of statements because of a huge back log of requests.

I have the last 18mnth of statements (totalling £770 of charges) already so that wouldn't be really helpful for me, it's the older statements or list of charges I want from them.

Anyones thoughts on this would really be appreciated.

I think I will request all my statements of charges under the DPA from all those concered as that will enable me to make a more educated decision about who has taken the most from me. I can then decide who and when to start claiming for a refund.

Thanks again for your advice it is very much appreciated.

UrbanTiger