Mis-sold a brand new vehicle??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

At the end of December I ordered a brand new DS4. The dealer managed to find me a pre-registered one elsewhere but said it was exactly the same spec as what i've ordered a 1.6 HDI 115BHP D-style.

I've had the vehicle since the 21st January. I firstly had issues with the lights, with there being a high pitched noise in the dash and then my trip computer saying I was only getting 31 mpg - now its a 1.6 HDI so i'm pretty sure this is really poor. Anyway they checked it over and reset the perimetres and told me to return after 1500 miles to let it 'settle'. Im upto 1000 now and can't see it being any better. I had an email off the dealer before I purchased saying the the 60mpg was an accurate figure as he was driving one himself.

Anyway I have come renew my insurance and when i put in my registration it comes up my car as being the 110bhp version - not the 115bhp version i have all over my paperwork. Looking further into it the 115bhp wasnt produced until November 2012 but paperwork found in my car when picked up said it was made June 2012.

Where do I stand regarding this? it's not the BHP i ordered neither is it doing the MPG I was told it did. I have it on a PCP scheme so awaiting a response off the company but I paid quite a big deposit into this and traded my old car too (however i had equity in this)

Many Thanks in advance

Log on to the VCA website and you should be able to see the Govt. figures for that car be it a 110or a 115bhp.

As far as fuel consumption is concerned your computer can be about 10% out and i suggest that you conduct a proper fuel test ie:- Brim to brim. Brim it----drive normally for a few hundred miles, then brim it again. Number of litres divided by 4.55 gives gallons----divide miles by gallons = true mpg. Better to conduct a few tests for a truer picture, but remember the drivers hand book probably states that the car won't achieve optimum performance until it's done 3000+ miles.

If you still cannot achieve anything like the Govt. figures, don't bother complaining to Citroen because they don't want to know. Will do a remote diagnostic check then tell you "There is nothing wrong with your car". This happened to me and i fought it for over two years without betterment.

Which dealership are you dealing with.?

Yea I do have an email with this words and I'm with a local Citroen dealership.

Yes my car code on my log shows its a 110 , when I emailed Citroen I had to enter my reg - again came up as the 110bhp.

With the mpg I have filled it to the brim and going to see what a full tank gets me, I wasn't that bothered really but then the issue of the BHP arose and now I'm very disappointed - I ordered a brand new made to order and now I got a 6 month old made car that wasn't what I asked for.

Well lets clarify one thing... although the car was built in June, it dosn't become 'new' until it is registered. I know of cars sold which have been sold 'new' that have been in stock a lot longer than that!

But here is the 'but'. If you ordered a 'new' car with a particular spec (such as power output) with a written claim it will definitely achieve a minimum MPG, then I believe you would have a case foe miss-representation under the SOGA. I assume you paid the current manufacturer's listed retail price.

I suggest though you take the softly softly approach and approach the dealer as though it has been a genuine mistake. You would however, like what you ordered and ask him what he is prepared to do for you.

Thank you - I even asked him 2 weeks ago as the car went in to be checked for the mpg - I said it is definitely the 115bhp version isn't it as it was made in June.? He said yes it's just a chip in the ECU. So the fact I was lied to doesn't help - surely he would of known they didn't start manufacturing them until he November. I have emailed them today and will await a reply ....

Can they jut not give me my old car back don't particularly want my business staying with them

Thank you - I even asked him 2 weeks ago as the car went in to be checked for the mpg - I said it is definitely the 115bhp version isn't it as it was made in June.? He said yes it's just a chip in the ECU. So the fact I was lied to doesn't help - surely he would of known they didn't start manufacturing them until he November. I have emailed them today and will await a reply ....

Can they jut not give me my old car back don't particularly want my business staying with them

Well from what you are saying you may have grounds to reject the car but that may turn out to be a long drawn out business. Have you spoken to the sales manager and Citroen UK about this?

Well from what you are saying you may have grounds to reject the car but that may turn out to be a long drawn out business. Have you spoken to the sales manager and Citroen UK about this?

I have been in constant contact with the sales man- I emailed last night to alert them of the Bhp issue and I have emailed Citroen them self. I am ringing a different dealer to get the particulars about the build of my car today and then will speak to the manager later

If you bought a pre registered car, even with only delivery milage, you would have paid substantially less for it compared to list price. Who is your dealer?

A local citroen dealer- I had this deal as there was a £5000 Citroen contribution

Edited by Deetyler14

It depends on whether you have "accepted" the vehicle. When exactly did you first take it back with the light problem? this will help determine whether it is reasonable to return it now or not as there is no hard and fast time but uncorrected problems point towards your case being accepted. I would write to the dealership pointing out precisely what you were told and offered and what you have received and why this is unacceptable. Copy this to citroen UK head office and give them a fixed period of time to sort the problem out (would you accept the car for less money if the problems highlighted are corrected?) If they wont plat ball then you must return the vehicle with another letter saying that you dont accept the vehicle and you want a full refund and will recover your monies via the County Court if you dont get it within 14 days. Perhaps they do have a stock motor that fits the description of the one you thought you were buying and if so an exchange at no loss to yourself would be a good idea.

Not even sure I want the vehicle now - as for 'accepting the vehicle ' I accepted it on the grounds that it was the version I ordered . As soon as it came to light it wasn't I contacted them straight away if I hadn't of checked my insurance I could of gone on unaware for quite a while - had I known the option prior to driving off I would of rejected it there and then. Sales of goods act tells me I am entitled to refund - they have offered £500 for me to keep the current car which I'm not prepared to do or to order me a new one which I firstly ordered. However I am beginning to loose all faith in the dealer and thinking am I best off taking my custom elsewhere

So far I have spoken to the branch sales manager who says he is talking to the finance manager?

Who should I be speaking to ?

I have no interest in cars whatsoever, but I am aware that the continentals measure power differently to us.

Are Ciroen quoting horse power, or pferdestarkes, some motor traders have been known to "confuse" the two!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!