Barclays Current Account / Cash Account Missell?

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Howdi Folks

Long Time Fan Fkofilee Here....

Heres one for the books. Went into Barclay's to ask for a standard current account with their Chequebook and Contactless Card Facility.

The Sales Guy; Manish.... In all his glory, went through the application and there wasnt a problem. And he tries his usual contents insurance sale ^__^, which i decline as Im not interested.

Now i leave the branch with my Sort Code & Account Number, But Before I Leave I Ask About The Cash Card Account.

He says its a normal account and no charge.

I get home and I speak to CS regarding this and they say the following;

- No Overdraft

- No Contactless Debit Card

- No Chequebook

- Debit Card Is Limited

And the cheek of it is , the guy ive just spoken to has just tried to sell me Contents Insurance Again?!?!?!?

Under what terms do i have the right to challenge this as a mis-sell as I specifically requested a Standard Current Account.

He Hadnt advised me a credit check had been run and also didnt say that I had been accepted only for a Cash Card Account?

(Its almost like i should assume XYZ when applying for certain things).

Luckily for me I'm quite knowledgeable about internal processes and can see how its done but shouldn't they make clear to me that certain things cannot be offered to me?

Filee

Edited by fkofilee

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Definitely a missell you stated clearly what you wanted and got the exact opposite!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I assume that you'll be sent confirmatory documents in the post after opening the a/c.

Maybe it's best to wait and see what comes, rather than base a complaint just on what you were told on the phone by Cust'r Svs.

If the stuff you expected arrives, all well and good.

If it doesn't, revisit the branch and ask why they couldn't tell you that the things you wanted were subject to approval by their system, which said NO !! :-x

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I assume that you'll be sent confirmatory documents in the post after opening the a/c.

Maybe it's best to wait and see what comes, rather than base a complaint just on what you were told on the phone by Cust'r Svs.

If the stuff you expected arrives, all well and good.

If it doesn't, revisit the branch and ask why they couldn't tell you that the things you wanted were subject to approval by their system, which said NO !! :-x

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I went to the branch today, and sat down with the person who opened the card account.

His response was literally, "I dont tell people because the get disheartened"....

Sorry... "Disheartened".... YOU BREAKING THE LAW... Or rather consumer law by not telling me you have as below;

A) Run a credit check without advising me

B) Putting on an alternative product without first consenting me on the situation.

Spoke to his manager and she was nice as pie, spent a good 20 minutes speaking to her which we spoke about other things outside of Barclays :)

But back to the point, i told her I was told i wouldnt get xyz elements by CS. She said that she would observe the Adviser at some point to check if any training would be required and she would compensate me for my phone bill :)

For now i will leave it open , but in 4 hours they did more damage to their reputation then RBS did in 2 years in complaints with regards to the branch sale.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

(A).IF you made an application then you have given permission for a credit check.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Granted I Understand That However, Lloyds & RBS Both In Their Application Processes Inform You Of This Both Verbally & On Paper.

Like I Said... Shouldnt They Inform People OF This? Also The Woman I Spoke To At The Branch Also Confirmed I Should Be Advised This Before Proceeding.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

One is usually asked to read the notice in the signature panel of an agrement and sign if you wish to be bound by that agreement!

A creditor cannot be blamed for a customer not reading the agreement.

Tis easy these days to see difficulties and not to spot the obvious!!

"I dont tell people because the get disheartened"....

I wonder what the customer would say if a garage sold a car with no engien but didn't tell the buyer in case they got disheartened.

Normally one would say, 'I've heard it all now', but I doubt it.

I wonder what the customer would say if a garage sold a car with no engine but didn't tell the buyer in case they got disheartened.

Normally one would say, 'I've heard it all now', but I doubt it.

That is brilliant... Oh this is why i love these forums, ^__^, as a whole, My view is all banks are liable screw ups... not just to consumers but also to businesses haha,

Quote "You cant have what you want, but we will charge you ridiculous fees"

Welcome UK To the banking culture xd ^__^

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis