Lowells

padja
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think so Brig, I also agree about doing that with email think its pointless and only gives them moral high ground, although at one time I got so sick of takeaway menu's coming through my letterbox one sunday morning on my way to gym I redistributed them at every takeaway I passed. Childish but satisfying

Edited by padja
read wrong

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Lowells are incredibly litigious and could very easily take a serious view of such goings on.

Agreed, but harmless compared with misusimng a company e-mail address.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I phoned them once and asked to speak to Samantha has she was the one who had written to me and asked me to contact her, I was told she was out of the office but could speak to someone else concerning the matter.

Seems to me as neither she nor Mr Bartle ever personal sign a letter perhaps they are clones just computer programs, as said they seem to have been in the same jobs for an aweful long time:madgrin:

Well, well, well...what did I find in my spam folder? A new email from Lowell, this time from Mr Bartle.

He offered me a whopping 75% of a debt that is 10 years old.

Oh, and he wanted me to call them as they need to update their system to stop further action.

discount = no debt

ignore them

prob need funds to buy easter eggs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Looking at other ''Lowell'' cases I see a distinct similarity between these to ''people'' only other I've seen a similar scenario ws with Ruthbridge and Emanual Ammissah the ''director'' who had 2-3 clones each had a different title depending on the content of the letter being sent:lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

While posting on the forums on another subject I received this in an old email account that I have not used for nearly two years.

Sorry if It doesnt post formatted correctly as I copy and pasted from inbox only removing identifying and account details.

Sort of ties in with what else has been said here except for few things, it is my sons debt for a phone that was stolen and reported as stolen,so they have passed me information on his details and debt and I have not used the email address it came into for 2 yrs ,new way of finding people or are they bulk mailing to anyone with name.

Sure this would come under breach of data protection act for passing personal details ??

Lowell Reference Number: ######

Original Account Number: ######

Original Company: T-Mobile (UK) Limited

Account Balance: £124.1

Dear Mr ###### ######,

A special offer for you, for a very limited period

To help you clear your debts. We'd like to offer you a discount of 75% off your outstanding balance AND, if you can't afford to pay it all at once, we can even set up a repayment plan and spread out the remaining balance so you can pay monthly.

It really is that simple, just follow these easy steps:

1. Call us on 0113 308 6041 and tell us if you're paying in full or need to spread the payments

2. Make the payment in full or setup a monthly Direct Debit for the instalments

Once the payments have been made the remaining balance will be cleared and the debt will no longer exist.

But, we do need to speak with you in the next 10 days to take advantage of this offer - even if you can't pay immediately. Don't worry, we won't ask you to pay any more, but we do need to update our system to stop any further action.

If you'd prefer, you can even email us at ###### to tell us how you'd like to pay.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Bartle

Chief Operations Officer

Lowell Financial Ltd

discount letter ignore the debt

as for the email

you must have given it on an account 2yrs + ago [from cra data?]

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Look what arrived in my Spam Email box:

Lowell Reference Number:

Original Account Number:

Original Company: Capital One

Account Balance:

Dear Mr Padja

A special offer for you, for a very limited period

To help you clear your debts.

We'd like to offer you a discount of 75% off your outstanding balance AND,

if you can't afford to pay it all at once, we can even set up a repayment plan

and spread out the remaining balance so you can pay monthly.

It really is that simple, just follow these easy steps:

1. Call us on 0113 308 6041 and tell us if you're paying in full or need to spread the payments

2. Make the payment in full or setup a monthly Direct Debit for the instalments

Once the payments have been made the remaining balance will be cleared and the debt will no longer exist.

But, we do need to speak with you in the next 10 days to take advantage of this offer - even if you can't pay immediately.

Don't worry, we won't ask you to pay any more, but we do need to update our system to stop any further action.

If you'd prefer, you can even email us at (their email address) to tell us how you'd like to pay.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Bartle

Chief Operations Officer

Lowell Financial Ltd

ohhhh dear I now know the debt its 11 years old what a bunch of plonkers dear Mr Bartle.....you can take your very tempting offer and put it where it isn't very sunny or I refer your offer to Arkle v Pressdram

Edited by padja
left some identifying info in

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

the reason is Brig

I did the statute barred letter and amazingly Lowells had a mystery £50 payment

made 5 years and 11 months ago (it becomes SB by their records April 12th)

I'm just waiting until April 13th to hammer them with SB letter,

that way their have contributed to their own downfall,

a little bit of satisfaction that they helped me get proper dates to when even by their false records its SB and cant be disputed by them.

and to be honest its just popping in my spam email so its not a problem.

I did at the time they couldn't prove it but when I saw that by waiting 8 months it would be SB wiithout any dispute and hassle I though stuff it I'll wait I moved house so they didn't have new address and they dont have a phone number so can only email me

I did and they were struggling to prove it, but some personal issues were happening (relatives getting ill/dying) I couldn't be bothered for awhile

its a discount offer = no debt exists.

dx

and they

Oh wow, what a wonderful offer.

I'm sure you will be reaching for your cheque book to take it up asap. :lol:

lol..of course I am..not, I have more urgent outgoings so Mr Bartle & Co can forget any checks from me..

• 2 weeks later...

well I sent them the Statute Barred letter, and heard nothing since, I would love to harass them like they harass everyone else, Like 20 phone calls a week, letters galore until they finally admit they are wrong

Lowell usually take a while to see if they can find a '':lol:mystery payment''

ha ha I'm awaiting the mystery payment sc*m they've done it before but this time by their records and their mystery payment it is not SB

• 4 weeks later...

a quick update, well theres nothing to report but to say SB sent 25 working days ago (made sure I took off Easter break) they 'promised to respond' within 28 days, I'm so upset they haven't rushed to reply its almost as if they dont want to and that they have a totally enforceable debt.....but we all know Lowells would never try to get money for unenforceable debts with threats of legal action

Lowell have been very slow recently replying to SB letters, perhaps they are getting so many the can't cope.